Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Tips to live in America

babylon2007

Iraq

Hi guys

i love learning english and fortunately im going to live in states and happy for that.  but i neet some help about american culture and what i should know about America.

Thanks 

02:13 PM Jan 26 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Kyle A

Kyle A

United States

Yeah… Texas gets away with doing a lot of weird things since they are another nation that also happens to be a state in the USA.

I recomend that you don't ever trespass in Texas. It is just a bad idea…

04:58 PM Jan 28 2009 |

babylon2007

Iraq

oh my god i cant believe it. i will try to change the state but what do you suggest. By the way i will be with my family and i don't have much money. 

Thanks for all your answers

10:22 PM Jan 28 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

Ok u gona live in d states,listen carefully either starve urslf or eat a whole departmental store,cause dats the only two types u gona find thr,lol!!neway best of luck n buy a gun ,they all have guns in texas so if u dnt u will feel left out

05:36 AM Jan 29 2009 |

babylon2007

Iraq

OK  i just left Iraq because the all mess there i just want to forget the guns. and i don't want to see guns again. i guess Texas is not suit me anymore.

i hope i can change this state.

01:38 PM Jan 29 2009 |

claovega

claovega

Colombia

Just try to be thest that u can,, be nice with people, and follow the rules so u dont get in trouble.

America is a great pleace to live

03:13 PM Jan 29 2009 |

andilee

andilee

United Kingdom

Texans are very friendly people, and you'll mostly have a great time. Depending on where you are, you'll find a real mix of cultures, for instance Dallas has a very large Indian community. Any state you go to you will find people with guns – though admittedly you might see more obviously in states like Texas – the other day, I saw a guy in the general store wearing a sidearm, but it's normal. You aren't going to get shot…unless you attack someone or trespass on their property. As for the dumb laws, everywhere has them, but you'll be fine. The USA is a wonderful place to live, though you will find it very different than Iraq. 

regards
Andi

12:46 AM Feb 05 2009 |

andilee

andilee

United Kingdom

To clarify, not everywhere has the dumb laws listed, but many places do have dumb laws (rarely if ever enforced) – in fact, I'd like to see some evidence (rather than a joke internet site) that those are real Texas laws. 

regards

Andi

12:54 AM Feb 05 2009 |

andilee

andilee

United Kingdom

But they will let you milk their bull. Laughing

hahahah! I nearly spat Coke (diet) over my keyboard. That was funny!

Andi

12:32 PM Feb 07 2009 |

babylon2007

Iraq

oh thanx man hahahahaha take care of your keyboard.

01:19 AM Feb 08 2009 |

Kyle A

Kyle A

United States

haha ^^

07:27 AM Feb 12 2009 |