Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Ottoman Empire was so power as America in now days!

sweet_boy24

Turkey

The Ottoman Empire also known by its contemporaries as the Turkish Empire or Turkey , was an empire that lasted from 1299–1923.At the height of its power (16th–17th century), it spanned three continents, controlling much of Southeastern Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. The empire was at the centre of interactions between the Eastern and Western worlds for six centuries.With Constantinople (Istanbul) as its capital city,the Ottoman Empire was, an Islamic successor to the Eastern Roman (Byzantine) Empire.The Ottoman conquest of Constantinople in 1453 cemented the status of the Empire as the preeminent power in southeastern Europe and the eastern Mediterranean.

Fatif Sultan Mehmet Han made ships swim from ''soil''.He ended byzantine empire 1.000 years old. It was so power as America in now days. Everything was asked from them.80 Diffrent nations lived with friendship

05:33 PM Feb 07 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Najd

Najd

Saudi Arabia

tunabige do u know what did the saudi arabia do to Gaza it is more than 2  Milliards doolar ..

nil fm even if he invited him it doesn't mean we gave-up , and as what khaled sayed the us army is in the gulf countries we know what we can do and we did it :)

tunabige " the west is more democratic than the arab countries" ???!!!!!!!!!! do u think preventing the hejab is akind of democratic :)

actually  we never wante  this demcrotic :)

note : i really love turkish ppl but u need to know what u did then ask the outhers :)

08:40 PM Feb 09 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

najd

palestine do not want money.they want to stop israel's occupatıon.

suudi king and bush agrement millions dollars for petroil.

suudi king gave to bush and condolice rice millions dollars presents every year.here:

http://www.bild.de/BTO/news/aktuell/2006/06/19/bush-geschenke/bush-geschenke-staatsbesuche.html

it is written in bild newspaper (german newspaper)

there is in islam to be married at 10 years old girl?

there is to get married 3-4 wives??

in Quran is wiritten.you can get married with 3-4 wifes only war and starvation times….

09:35 PM Feb 09 2009 |

Najd

Najd

Saudi Arabia

really the don't !

i don't think so they need more than 3 milliard doolar to rebuilt gaza :)

and did king abdoullah do this !!

because the link didn't open :P

i didn't get the idea about what u want to say about get married with 3-4 wives :)

because it is not just in the war and  starvation times ?!!!

01:20 AM Feb 10 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

i don't thınk so they need more than 3 milliar dollars to rebıilt gaza

i'm sure anymore,arabic countiries' only trouble is money.

suudi şeyh abdül-aziz biz baz said:at years 10 girl can married.suppose,you like that women are show as object…

you comment again islam acording to your desire.in war time,women become alone (cause,her husbands die in war)

islam allows get married with 4 women in order to protect women.

if you are comfy in your country,you cannot get married 4 wifes.

do you know how many wives do abdullah king have?...:))))he was not sated with yet…:)

11:52 AM Feb 10 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

yes,cause turkey has honored history.turkey thinks dying child in war areas in the world…we're interested in human

in brief,our only toruble is not money…

and here,some people comment still about turkey by not looking reals of their counties….

we angry of countries that thınk only oil…

that's humanity problem…

i never understand what you are trying to say….

yes,you will not never understand.cause,you has not these emotıon.you have not anythıng that be proud of.indeed,it's tragicomic.....Cool

you have not anythıng that conduce to world culture or to world peace…

08:49 PM Feb 10 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

i had replay to other member.so i comment about oil.cause,i do not argue skin-deep.here people who do not know history comment here.if my english had more better,i could explain more better…..

they do not criticise their country but they think to have right that can critcise other countries here(and in other forums..)

you wanna provoke me with your post

anyway,why are you still writing??Cooli'm only writing only trues.

i'm both patriot and humanist.Cool

yes,you're proud of being muslıms.cause,you do not have any other speciality….

do not talk generally about issues and…..

indeed,you should not talk about politic.cause,you do not know even 1.world war....do you know saddam was execute?Cool

cause,a person who do not know history can not comment past,now and future….

10:10 AM Feb 11 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

i can discuss with people and talk to them politely and gently….

so,you used 2 times "rubbish" word.i did not never write rudely word…again look my post..

if we are not proud of being muslıms,so what on earth do you…...

a person can be proud of a science invention in her/him country,a small (political,idea) step that will change direction of world a good way…(if you noticed,i do not talk about turkey)these are not a sin…so,here we argue palestine war everyday…ok??

10:02 PM Feb 11 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

i used that word…

cause,you talked so wrong thıngs about Ataturk(by willing).i and most people in turkey have some values.this is my red line.

besides,

in turkey and world,some people try to delete him from our memories.cause,he gave to us our freedom and religion back.if he did not exist,we did not become muslım.

turkey set up an example for most colonial and muslım countries at 1.world war.

countries like usa do want to be freedom and modern country of muslım and colonial countries.cause,a modern and freedom country makes us strong as them.this is reverse for their expediences.

you read probably novels that written by them.(there are people like that in turkey,too)

10:26 AM Feb 13 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

1.group:england,france,usa

2.group:germany,ottoman,austria-hungary empire

Reasons of ottoman-germany alliance:

-England and germany’s expediences clashed

-Otoman and germany’S expedinces was same.ottoman was with germany in order to ottman is in weak position

-England provoked aarmeniens,christins…against otoman(in North,South,west,east,everywhere)

-Otoman king called muslım,arabics “let’s fight against england together”

But arabics fighted against otoman with england

İn the end of war,england got otoman and germany to signed a agrement in under circumstances…and last otoman kign went to england…(what a strange)

You wrote

Why do not say down to Ataturk altough he killed armeniens?

Armeniens fighted against ottoman

But a group armeniens  was with us…

İ read stil in forums.some people write ataturk was dictator.

İ think,they should cricticise their country.naturally,they don’t.this is reverse their expediences,too.

01:00 PM Feb 13 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

reason is so clear.

what do you know about it??can you tell me???

light me with your boundless informations….Cool

06:17 PM Feb 14 2009 |