Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Who's God?

mehdi_dolati

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

It's a simple question ofcourse. Can you answer it easiliy too?!!

08:43 PM Apr 06 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

nemow

nemow

France

hey bananium! have you ever seen the wind????? no you can only see it's effects on earth! but wind does exist you can't deny it.

I believe in God, and all i have to say is that God is love and you'll find out once you start believing, you'll be able to see all he does for you in your life!

04:46 PM Jun 21 2007 |

gregantony

gregantony

Italy

Of course i have. I think that everyone of us made himself this questions, but there are some who don't take lot of care about it (these are people that simply say "i believe in it" or "i don't believe" but rarely you can see them debating about this subject) and some, more sensitive, who continuosly look for the comparison with others and question about their own ideas (these are the ones whose faith is very strong, if they believe in God).

I'm (seriously) trying to answer these kind of questions since i was 15, and now i have more doubts than before. I don't know if It Is or not, but the only thing in which I'm sure is that I deeply hope It exists, for that reasons i explained before.

04:47 PM Jun 21 2007 |

gregantony

gregantony

Italy

nemow,

i can't see the wind, but i can feel it, i can breath it. What i can't see is… for instance… santa clause. This is why i can't believe in Santa Clause (but i can't surely say that he doesn't exist: maybe a day i will meet him… and i'll believe in him).

This is the same reason that avoid me to believe in God.

05:15 PM Jun 21 2007 |

OracleZBZ

China

God will take  cares of you everytime though you put him in your heart

!

05:41 AM Jun 24 2007 |

gregantony

gregantony

Italy

I think that we should talk not about what do you think God is and do, but why do you think so. Yes, because i already know that, if you believe in It, you think that It is infinitely good, that It sees everything and can all, etc… But what i find most difficoult is how did you arrive to this "Truth".

I thing that every kind of faith is stupid, because it is a refusal of using the brain: it is like saying: "I turn it off and since now i believe in this thing without asking myself why". This is also why i consider the atheism as stupid as the religion: because it is a kind of faith (the faith that no God exists).

Intelligent man ask always himself "why why why why" and can't accept something as truth only because someone tells him "believe me, it is so", or because it has been written in a book three thousands of years ago. If you accept the faith as a good thing, you should explain me why i should believe only in God and not also in Santa Claus. Or why I should choose the Christian God rather than Allah (or vice-versa) (and don't say that it is the same thing plz, because yes they are both "Gods" and they look very similar, but they are not the same thing).

I'd like to know what do you think is wrong in my reasoning if you believe in God (or if you believe It doesn't exist).

11:51 AM Jun 24 2007 |

nemow

nemow

France

hi Gregantony

i just wrote a long answer to your question but the site just didn't memorise it!^ i'll try and do it again!

I don't think faith is a question of brain or inteligence. You know i think that most of the people who believe in God now went through a time where they asked these questions, because it's in humain nature to have an answer with proof and everything. But the existence of God can not be prooved with science. Faith is something that's in your heat and not in your brain, and i think thats where could be your reasoning "error". Faith is something you know deeply in your heart without being able to explain why. I believe in God and God comes in your life and calls you to follow him, and yell you can if you belive in what he said and in Him. But theres no scientific reasons to faith.

Anyway, some people will probably explain it better than i did 'cause i'm still trying to answer my own questions (yeah even those who believe have questions, there not stupid!^).

And if you have the time maybe you could read about Tony Anthony, it will probably help you understand how people get to believe in God. (http://www.tonyanthony.org.nz/index.php?page=home)

And if you have any questions you can still contact me, the answer would probably be too long to be here! even this one is shorten!

03:53 PM Jun 24 2007 |

dreamerhh

Oman

God is who created you and he see ,hear,help you

He is surrounfing you

09:05 PM Jun 24 2007 |

Jimmy622

Australia

I don’t just believe that Jesus is God, but I know and I’m certain Jesus is God because I have experienced him and I have experienced the reality of the Bible.Sometimes when I pray or read the Bible or sing and worship God, I would experience the presence of God, joy, and tears in my eyes and emotions stronger than anything I’ve experienced in the past. It is so awesome to know THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD, JESUS.Out of all the leaders of the major religions, only Jesus said he is God. No one else dared to say that.So either he is God or he was lying. But if he was lying, why would he die for something he knew to be a lie.This is not a fairy tail like santa claus, but Jesus is noted by many historians who were not Christians.Finally if you want to know God, try calling out to Jesus from your heart, and he will let you experience him. We can’t see him, just as we can’t see sound. But we can hear sound, and we can sense God in our spirit. If you want to know God, please read the Bible, especially the New Testament, or try attending a good church.

Jesus loves you!

06:47 AM Jun 25 2007 |

dreamerhh

Oman

Jesus is only a prohet that God send him to tell people his massege

and the massage that god send jesus and other prophets is to tell people

to be worshiper only for one god  and he is "Allah"that we don,t Know him or his shape

We Know only that there is one god on the sky and he is "Allah" and we should obye him and avoid  what he prevent us

God has abig meaning that we can,t talk about him only in short lines and i hope 

and i ask every one who wants to Know about  real god to read "The Holy Quran" that god send it to his prophet Mohammd peace be upon him

and every one has his\her openion  or belief in the god who worship him

And i respect all the religions 

09:42 PM Jun 25 2007 |

uday

uday

India

He/she is will known person and unknown power

04:51 AM Jun 26 2007 |