Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Men never commit evil so fully and joyfuly as when they do it for religious convictions!?

:-(

India

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662) NOT me.

But I do agree.

So, what you say to deny this?

01:31 PM Mar 29 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

javamanju

javamanju

India

Correct,Politics of religion and political Ideology do the same thing

Politics and religion makes neighbors kill each other. Jihad,Crusade, Dharma Yudha are the reasons given to kill people in the name of God.

No religion tells it's people to kill or hate people of other religions. but people who follow the same religions, quote from their holy book to justify killing. 

Every one belives god is on thier side and they are doing the right thing. In the Mayan civilization. priests sacrificed humans because they were under firm belief that this is the directive from god. 

When Hitler survived  an assassination bid, he said that it was a sign from god that he will be victorious in war. 

There are numerous such examples : communal riots, Invasions, terrorism etc. 

Religion brings out the highs and lows of a society. 

Any how, even if there were no religions and Politics on earth, man would have killed other men on some other pretext. May be it is Natures way of balencing things.

12:53 AM Mar 30 2009 |

India

agreed!

10:30 AM Mar 30 2009 |

India

Come on Believers…..What's there in religion which makes it used as pretext for massacares and bloodbath? Water doesn't catch fire, only petrol is.

02:18 AM Mar 31 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

The citation tells a part but not the entire story.

Much good is done in the name of religion, charity, devotion, good deeds….

03:12 AM Mar 31 2009 |

India

I have gone through ur threads. They are full of this "other" part- charity,devotion, good deeds….and the entire story!

05:36 PM Mar 31 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

I could say the same about you and certain other people.

The way I act on here is appropriate in the way that I feel my beliefs are under attack. 

12:59 AM Apr 01 2009 |

India

welcome!

02:02 AM Apr 01 2009 |