Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why do we sleep so much?

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

I dont know what about you, but I L-O-V-E  to sleep. It is so pleasant… When I am in holidays I always tell my friends I will hibernate lol! One day I slept for 12 hours( well, I was in holidays)Laughing

What about you? Do you enjoy sleeping very much?  How many hours do you like to sleep?

11:19 AM Jan 22 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

i cant  seelp  when  we  are hungry

eating just before sleeping is really a disaster for your body and brain. try to ignore your hunger or just eat some light food

05:09 PM Jan 24 2010 |

lookdoordog

Germany

I fall asleep soon when i'm happy

I fall asleep soon when i'm in a blue moon

and they all disapear when i wake up

let's my reasonSmile

03:58 AM Feb 06 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

i won Whitney, one day I slept for 14 hours :P

05:24 PM Feb 07 2010 |

Ali Sadeghi

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I like to sleep 8 hours a day , but i usually sleep only 7 hours a day. in holiday i sleep 9 hours .i think ,sleeping too much is not useful

05:38 PM Feb 07 2010 |

Mia★

Mia★

Iraq

I used to sleep for really long periods of time but recently I haven’t been able to even doze off as easily as I used to =/

10:30 PM Feb 17 2010 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

the more i sleep, the more i want to sleep :P i dont remember what was my record but once when i was really younger.. i woke up around 2 pm and my mom asked me if i was feeling ok coz she thought i was sick.. well i just dont remember at what time i went sleep :P

when i have class i dont sleep more than 6 hours and when i'm in an exam period i sleep even more less.. but more than 3 hours! on weekends i sleep for probably 10 hours :P the same for holidays.. but it can vary! i hate when i wake up in a weekend or a holiday.. look the clock and see it's 6 am ¬¬ hehehe

01:50 AM Feb 18 2010 |

Qc

Qc

China

At least 9 hours everyday.

05:23 AM Feb 18 2010 |

DE_CARVALLO

United Arab Emirates

owh my god, i wish if i can sleep more than 5 hours a day !!!

honestly i sleep max 5 hours a day, usually lessFrown... i know it is not healthy but i cant sleep moreCry, i dont know why !!!, and if i sleep more, i will be lazy and feel of pain and headache rest  of the day

wow, 12 is toooooooooooooo muchSmile

10:21 AM Feb 18 2010 |