Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Man marries pillow!!

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Lee Jin-gyu fell for his ‘dakimakura’ – a kind of large, huggable pillow from Japan, often with a picture of a popular anime character printed on the side.
In Lee’s case, his beloved pillow has an image of Fate Testarossa, from the ‘magical girl’ anime series Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.
Now the 28-year-old otaku (a Japanese term that roughly translates to somewhere between ‘obsessive’ and ‘nerd’) has wed the pillow in a special ceremony, after fitting it out with a wedding dress for the service in front of a local priest. Their nuptials were eagerly chronicled by the local media.
‘He is completely obsessed with this pillow and takes it everywhere,’ said one friend.
‘They go out to the park or the funfair where it will go on all the rides with him. Then when he goes out to eat he takes it with him and it gets its own seat and its own meal,’ they added.
The pillow marriage is not the first similarly-themed unusual marriage in recent times – it comes after a Japanese otaku married his virtual girlfriend Nene Anegasaki, a character who only exists in the Nintendo DS game Love Plus, last November.
THE PROBLEM IS IN HOW A PRIEST AGREE TO DO SUCH NONSENSE, UNLESS THOSE PPL PLAY WITH THEIR RELIGION AS WE SO THESE DAYS OF A PRIEST MARRY ANOTHER PRIEST IN CIVILZED AMERICA…THAT’S WHY I SAID BEFORE CHRISTINTY HAS BEEN DEFORMED TO THE WHIMS OF CLERGY MEN AND AUTHORITY!!!

07:46 AM Mar 17 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Shayma

Tunisia

THE PROBLEM IS IN HOW A PRIEST AGREE TO DO SUCH NONSENSE

Serious problem!

this isn't the first case :S

The Woman Who Married the Eiffel Tower airs on Five at 10pm on 4 June

Erika La Tour Eiffel hugs her 'husband', the iconic Parisian monument

Eija-Riitta Berliner-Mauer who is "married" to the Berlin Wall. On the subject of her "husband", she says: "We have been together now for many years, spiritually if not physically. Like every married couple, we have our ups and downs. We even made it through the terrible disaster of 9 November 1989, when my husband was subjected to frenzied attacks by a mob. But we are still as much in love as the day we met. It may not be a conventional marriage, but neither of us cares much for conventions. Ours is a story of two beings in love, our souls entwined for all eternity."

http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/sunday-review/living/i-married-the-eiffel-tower-832519.html

Pathetic, they need some serious help.

In actual life there are moments of love,one may be in love for a few moments or may not be in others. but marraige don't recognise such relaation, it want permanent love.So all of us become hypocrites & save marraige than love.

A relationship between two people is not just supposed to be a short, action-packed romance story (which inevitably comes to an end sooner rather than later), but it is supposed to be a serious, long-term relationship in which both individuals are content and comfortable with one another. A relationship should not exist of a one-night-stand. A relationship should show that both partners are ready to sacrifice and endure for their partner; the way towards this is through marriage. Until the world realises the importance of marriage as well as its benefits and advantages, it will be faced with the endless problems caused by neglecting marriage.

06:31 PM Mar 28 2010 |

moon_light_2008

Saudi Arabia

this life is getting worse and worse ! 40 years ago we never heard something like that or it would be so much irregular, then ! step by step , the world started to accept illegal sexuality , homesexuality ! same-gender marraige ! and today "No harm in not-same-creature marraige" which is marrying a pillow ..

well i don't blame the time or our beloved planet, but I do blame you sick people. I don't know and can't imagine what kind of sickness this is !

"If he is happy with what he does, then it is fine" << a very weak sentence ! I don't know what will be your feelings if you see a naked man in street being happy and walking and u gotta ur mother or ur wife with you ! i don't think it will please you if someones digs their noses and get rid of his snot before you and very close to you but when it comes to animals actions such this topic, IT IS FINE !! weirdo people , u have no hope in this life or after, you really are losing it !

03:01 PM Mar 30 2010 |

Jinn_daniels

India

wht a bizzzzar news….....i must say nly u cn find such dirt osesame,bravo…...tht lucky dog..nly has 2 buy1 piillow covr ewvry yr n hes wife wudn cmplain ;)..she will always retain her fig(unless wet,damn tht dud b ugly)..n thnkabt the cudly kids ..awwwwwwwww….

02:46 PM Mar 31 2010 |

Jinn_daniels

India

n u relax ,m sure hes nt cmng newhr near ur neighborhood 4 his hneymun ,so take a CHLL PILL :)

02:47 PM Mar 31 2010 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

*try to make our partner to behave like a pillow
very well Said Dev. But many Intellectually Bankrupt people here may not understand what you have said. *
BANKRUPTCY IS IN PPL WHO CAN’T GET THE AIM OF THE TOPIC, THOUGH IT WAS WRITTEN MANY TIMES!!!
TO THE LAST TIME FOR PPL WHO CAN’T GET THE AIM YET!, THE PROBLEM IN THE CLERGY MEN WHO ADOPT RELIGION ACCORDING TO THEIR AND OTHERS WHIMS ….SO ALL SUCH RELGIONS R FAKE ONES, AND THE REAL WILL REMAIN REAL TILL THE DOOM DAY!

09:03 AM Apr 06 2010 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

oh i wonder why u get raged when i post facts about the real life of ur clergy men , regardless of the names ” priest” or “bishop”...the important thing is that those ppl who teach Christians the teaching of the religion..and i remeber u said u r protstant, i think those who encourage gayness..!!!
and don’t care about the rest of sects coz they have no need to marry the same gender coz it happened already inside the church…why u hide ur head in the sand and try to install fake things about the man who spread virtue all over the world!!!
do u think ur way satisfy and cover the real????
Mary Glasspool Approved: Episcopal Church OKs Election Of Second Gay Bishop
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, the largest Lutheran church body in the United States, as of August 21, 2009, voted 559 to 451 in favor of allowing non-celibate gays to become ordained ministers.[3] During the national meeting in 2005,[24] delegates voted against a measure that would have allowed non-celibate gay ordination and the blessing of same-sex unions by 503 against to 490 in favor. ELCA Lutheran policy states that LGBT individuals are welcome and encouraged to become members and participate in the life of the congregation. The ELCA does not have a policy against same-sex unions, nor does it have a rite for blessing those unions, but leaves the question up to pastoral care. ELCA congregations that specifically embrace GLBT persons are called Reconciling in Christ congregations. The group Lutherans Concerned supports the inclusion of LGBT members in Lutheran churches in the ELCA and ELCIC.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland is divided on issue, but many of its most well known bishops have expressed their acceptance for homosexuality. Also some theologians related to church have supported gay-marriages.
In Sweden (Church of Sweden) the Lutheran church allowed 2006 blessings of same-sex unions and permit gay clergy. A notable bishop is the KG Hammar, former Archbishop of Uppsala and primate of the Church of Sweden, has been very vocal in supporting gay and lesbian Lutherans. In 2009 Eva Brunne, an open lesbian women, was elect as bishop in Stockholm, Church of Sweden. The Church of Norway is divided, with 6 of 11 bishops accepting homosexual practice as moral, even though the church officially rejects it.
Most Lutheran state churches in Germany, Lutheranism’s country of origin, are also liberal, viewing homosexuality as moral and allow gay and lesbian clergy. But the Lutheran churches in Germany are also divided on the issue of blessing same-sex unions. In general, very few churches in the more rural parishes (Baden, Saxonia, Hesse-Waldeck) are in favor of blessing same-sex unions while the urban churches do allow them (Hanover, Rhineland, Westfalia, Brunswick, Oldenburg, Berlin-Brandenburg, Bremen, Northelbia…). Nevertheless, all the state churches agree that gay and lesbian individuals are welcome as members, and that any kind of persecution is unacceptable.

08:12 AM Apr 07 2010 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

If you want to go off on a rant about the evils of Christianity why not start a thread directed at that?
i don’t mean christinty in particular, i talk about every religion whose clergy men form it as they wish!!..from this point religions deformed from its right way, that’s why..for example.. God sent Jesus after Moses and Mohamed after Jesus!
hope u get me this time, though i know that u know my words correctly!

08:55 AM Apr 10 2010 |