Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Can guys and girls be friends?

andylu2

andylu2

Canada

Is it possible for a guy to be "just friends" with a pretty girl?  I think it's possible but honestly, usually not and the guy is just trying to have a chance with the girl for dating or whatever.  What do you think?

Check out my free listening lessons

04:25 PM Aug 07 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

yasmeenee

yasmeenee

Saudi Arabia

I think it differs from culture to another , i mean they( men / women) look at other sex according to their background. In general speaking i guess when it is about strong friendship then it is impossible somehow it is tricky….

09:50 PM Aug 07 2010 |

miss blue

miss blue

Jordan

i think ya they can be frndz

if both tried to keep the relationship just as a friend, it would be a nice perfect friendship but if they made it further than friends something else is gonna happen later -~ 

12:29 AM Aug 08 2010 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

YES! This is possible.Smile

09:48 AM Aug 08 2010 |

gemmagao

gemmagao

China

i believe that they can be friends, but either one of them has an intention to go further  or they don't contact each other often if it is just a friendship, it can be fade away if they don't take good care of it. 

03:55 AM Aug 10 2010 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

Lol! Most boys say what you said, but I think It might be possible..well.. at least for girls haha!

Ps: I prefer male friends, because they dont envy you and are not gossip like many girls are.

Ps2: andylu2  I listened to the lesson, It was cool, but I think you guys speak like.. a little slowly. Anyway, I think it's a good site. Now I wonder where you guys are from. 

03:59 AM Aug 10 2010 |

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

i think  definitely yes                            To improve relations and communication and interaction                if  limited                 May adversely affect both sexes            Man if he did not become   a friend with a beautiful girl                he will  probably like the first  a beautiful girl that  he meet            men  who  dont  freinds  with girls  maybe  he will  like  any girl  he  meet   maybe  not like them but  like just  thiere face  or  body   and then  will  perobely  end with  bad  realtionshp =  And  thats  work for  women too  think

07:38 AM Aug 10 2010 |

Dina1372

Dina1372

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

i think like you,i'm 17 but i don't want to have a boyfriend because i know they will leave you after some time and all the boys are like each other ( most of 'em),anyway why making trouble?prefer to make friends with girls,it's better in all aspects.

08:11 PM Aug 10 2010 |

Jack_240

Jack_240

Saudi Arabia

i think it's possible but what else can i say ? i'm an emotional guy. i fall in love easily .. lol 

10:51 PM Aug 10 2010 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

Lol!

05:04 AM Aug 11 2010 |