Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Chinese Culture.

shanie

shanie

China

Hello everybody! Welcome to this subject, I can not show you every Chinese cultures, but you can come in with me, right? tell me something cultures or history of your country to share with us, will you? Laughing

silkqipao

kungfushanihaiartctea

08:07 PM Sep 18 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

shanie

shanie

China

jade rabbit

Chang Er 's pet – Jade Rabbit

Three fairy sages transformed themselves into pitiful old men and begged for something to eat from a fox, a monkey and a rabbit. The fox and the monkey both had food to give to the old men, but the rabbit, empty-handed, offered his own flesh instead, jumping into a blazing fire to cook himself. The sages were so touched by the rabbit's sacrifice that they let him live in the Moon Palace where he became the "Jade Rabbit."

04:01 PM Sep 25 2007 |

shanie

shanie

China

Today we talk about love, of course chinese traditional love, for a new friends. wish he can believe in love again.

that is the legend of Magpie Bridge. many pepole may know chinese valentine's day. that is the love between Niu Lang & Zhi Nu. their meeting place is Magpie Bridge, which only once of every year (the seventh day of senventh month ). they are one is god, the other is normal pepole, falling in love very deeply, though the goddess reject, they also try their best to love, that is the valentine day. truely, if they have eternal love between them, how the time and distance matter??

their is a poem descript.

love

FAIRY OF THE MAGPIE BRIDGEPoem by Qin GuanAmong the beautiful clouds,
Over the heavenly river,
Crosses the weaving maiden.A night of rendezvous,
Across the autumn sky,
Surpasses joy on earth.Moments of tender love and dream,
So sad to leave the magpie bridge.Eternal love between us two,
Shall withstand the time apart.

07:27 PM Sep 27 2007 |

babyxiao

babyxiao

China

when we talk about chinese culture, tao te ching could not be ignored.

The Tao Te Ching has a long and complex textual history. On one hand, there are transmitted versions and commentaries that date back two millennia; on the other, there are ancient bamboo, silk, and paper manuscripts that archeologists discovered in the last century.

detail could be found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao_Te_Ching

or by yourself.

08:58 PM Sep 27 2007 |

shanie

shanie

China

u mean Dao De Jing written by Lao Zi ??  I should have a research first . Embarassed

09:10 PM Sep 27 2007 |

shanie

shanie

China

dao te jing

ddd

09:13 PM Sep 27 2007 |

babyxiao

babyxiao

China

yes, nice!

Cool

09:35 PM Sep 27 2007 |

shanie

shanie

China

Thank u!! babyxiao & hakimi, I am very happy you come here …

hehe, yes, chinese museum!! Tongue out

10:15 PM Sep 27 2007 |

gengzhaoyu

China

great work mate.

07:45 AM Sep 28 2007 |

shanie

shanie

China

Nu Pogodi, that 's difficult for me, though you explain so clearly, I don't know there is so much history in the dogs, I really put little attation to them, more learn in the books is needed, of course chinese, hehe, the words of this domain is very unfamiliar to me.

the small cute must be Natasha, the other is Tashi, right ?? Laughing

04:14 PM Sep 28 2007 |

shanie

shanie

China

gengzhaoyu, Thank you !

04:16 PM Sep 28 2007 |