Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Meet Religions

kefah

kefah

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Hellow everybody

I believe that in this cute site there are many subscribers with many different riligions. I suggest everybody talks about a piont in one's religion that would be agreed upon among us. What matters here is respecting other's viewpoints.Start like this:

I am a (...)

(Muslem) 

To start with ,The first piont to talk about would be :the greeting of your religion

As a Muslem my greeting is :Al Salamu Alykom(peace be upon you)

The reply would be: Wa Alykom Alsalam(and upon you be peace)

06:38 AM Oct 16 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kefah

kefah

Hellow eaglwings and welcome yato

eaglewing, u have not been rude at all.

According to u, what I understood, is that u consider Jeses to be the son of God ,which we don't. You think he is dead and we do not. I could not hide my amaziment when I heard u have just to believe in order to be saved,which we do not. I think u are being lazy….haha ….kidding

In fact i can't get it, how do u need God but not religion….I believe u get to know God through religion ,,,, unless u do not want to know God. As we agreed, Iam not ganna talk too much about this but for Mohammed (PBUH) ,as I told u everybody is responsible for his own sole and deeds   so Mohammed cant save even his daughters if God will not to forgive them,which we know HE will but not because they are the prophets ' daughters ,and if they did not do good,which they did. every prophet had his own Great meracle beside the other meracles they had, related to Mohammed, beside the meracle of Qura'an is still to be read  and recited till the Hereafter, Mohammed saved his greatest meracle to the Hereafter which will be saving every sole from his Ummah= Nation= the Muslems who have a whit of belief in their hearts.He will save all of us from any torement by his meracle which is called THe Great Intercession.  

02:42 PM Oct 21 2007 |

kefah

kefah

eaglewings

I have a question to u (as astep to know more about ur religion) a simple one

I see ur Pope at TV, what is his name ? I never saw his wife nor his children .Do u know how many children does he have? and still u did not till about what u think of Mohammed.

02:52 PM Oct 21 2007 |

kefah

kefah

Now I am So busy .I'll write to u tomorrow if God Wills and will ask and tell things occured to me tody. By the way, I rememberd where is Mohammed mentioned in ur Books, it is a Book called Bernaba, know it? I'll tell u more details.also I had many ?s about your thoughts about Jesus (PBUH).For now, tell me about your sect and why he is not your Pope .do u have another one?

05:24 PM Oct 21 2007 |

kefah

kefah

Hellow dear eaglewings, I expected u have written me a reply but u did not.I know I asked u to be simple, but your last message conveied somthing I want to ask about. I hope u don't mind…forgive me pleaze

According to ur religion, who is God? How do u define God? Last time u said something I thought of a loooot. u said {son of God} but if he is so, why did not God save His "son" from being crossified? or could'nt He? I have searched about that and found something so strange. In ur creed, u say God is Jesus. Is that right? because if so, that would pose a lot of Qs….correct me if not.

And if God is Jesus as u say, I would understand that he is the one who created Mary, his mother, as well as Moses, who came before him.

Something I read, u say God sent His son to atone the sins of humanity… so God went down to the womb of Marry and Jesus was born [so God was emboded in Jesus] ....So God went down to Earth, been fed for nine months as a fetus ,get out(born) stained with blood. Then He was nurtured/reared ,learnt writing, reading, and civility. Then He grew up to teach others about religion… The Jews rebel against Him, he escapes ,as stated in ur Holy Book. They chase him and find him. They put him on a cross ,steady him with nails, mime him, kill him, insult him and bury him. After three days, he gets up and goes to heaven. Is what I have read right? correct me please.

10:22 AM Oct 22 2007 |

kefah

kefah

Hi

yes I hve heard about the Trinity and I know the Protestants but never heard they do not believe in icons … and this is something good because we do not either.u can't make a figure for Mary, Jesus or any other prophet.

related to being busy, yes u are right 'couse I am too, i always write to u after work.Hope to hear from u later

03:13 PM Oct 22 2007 |

shad84

shad84

United States

hi! am from the US

08:00 PM Oct 22 2007 |

kefah

kefah

Hi eagle

I missed u a lot . Yes i am alive and I have just read what u wrote. I am so sorry I had problems with the internet service

and No it is not my photo ….................it is a famous actor's

03:18 PM Oct 29 2007 |

vegas

vegas

Egypt

thaks my brother

10:48 PM Oct 29 2007 |

Lenaaa

Lenaaa

Russian Federation

Hi, I’m Christian, because my parents are. But in my belives I’m somewhere in between Christianity and Islam. Or, not, I believe in Islam actually, but cant accept some moments, like coverage of women and four wifes. By the way my husband is a Muslim, he’s Lebanese.

09:33 AM Oct 30 2007 |

puellanigra

Poland

Hi :) I'm from Poland and I'm a Roman Catholic (in Poland over 90% of people are Roman Catholics). So, Kefas, u ask about Pope. His name is Benedict XVI and he hasn't any children, because our priests and Popes cannot have children and cannot get married.

Earlier John Paul II was the Pope. Perhaps you could hear something about him? He was a man who loved all the people of all categories. A man who taught us all to be good for other people and so much more.

So, if you have any questions about Roman Catholic Church, write :)

Greetings from Poland ;)

02:58 PM Oct 30 2007 |