Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Chinese Tea Culture

liuyouth11

China

China  is  a  beautiful coutry  and    the  friendly   people .  As  a  student  in China,   I   will  give  you  more  information  about  China  .Now  i  tell  you some  about   Chinese Tea  Culture .

Chinese tea has a history of over 5,000 years, during which a series of unique tea culture have come into being, covering from tea plant cultivation and conservation, tea-leaf picking to processing and sampling tea. Tea-leaves are mainly produced in the southern area to the Yangtze River for mild climate and fertile ground there, such as the provinces of Zhejiang, Yunnan, Guizhou and Fujian. There produce an abundance of renowned tea varieties, e.g. Longjin, Wulong, Pu’er, Tieguangyin.

Tea culture is one of the common traits shared by all the 56 ethnic groups in China. Many Chinese people believe that a day is not perfect without a cup of tea. Either in the warm southern mountain area or on the frozen northern grassland, stuff like Gongfu tea, buttered tea and milk tea are all among the favorite drinks. Furthermore, both ancient and modern Chinese people tend to indulge in elaborating on poems, essays, dances and dramas on the tea.how  nice!

07:01 AM Nov 02 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

benser

benser

China

i like gongfu tea ,in our hometown we have it almost everyday,by the way my hometown is Shantou .

08:04 AM Nov 02 2007 |

jocelynhui

China

i like drink it when i feel tired . it's very confortable

08:20 AM Nov 02 2007 |

liuyouth11

China

yeah

08:52 AM Nov 02 2007 |

liuyouth11

China

it  is  so  nice  when  i  am  tired  , a  smell  of  the  tea  is   so  nice  .  do   you  enjoy  Chinese  tea  ?

08:54 AM Nov 02 2007 |

xingqiyuyi

xingqiyuyi

China

as a chinese ,im sorry that  i  have no idea of  tea  culture ,

ths ,liuyouth

09:04 AM Nov 02 2007 |

dream girl

China

In summer , I like iced black tea .it is good for satisfing my thirst.

09:19 AM Nov 02 2007 |

liuyouth11

China

yeah  , me,tooo  it  is  so  nice  !

09:27 AM Nov 02 2007 |

radheshy

radheshy

India

I can only say i just love tea

05:21 PM Nov 02 2007 |

jocelynhui

China

even though i don't know more about Chines tea culture ,but i like it very much.different place drink different tea

09:06 AM Nov 04 2007 |

mo0

mo0

United Kingdom

I like tea too, but i rather want a herbal tea, especially nettle, its healthy and for me it is tasty :)

10:39 AM Nov 04 2007 |