Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

What is the most popular sport in your country?

Ozimar Bernardino

Brazil

I'm from brazil and here the most popular sport is the football, and in your country? what is the most popular sport?

06:02 PM Jun 13 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ddjj

China

I think there are many sports we love in China.But want i want to tell you is that i love basketball best!It`s very easy to see some children play balls on the schoolgroud,and they don`t have good abilities,but they enjoy themsevles,what i think most importent for us!

02:17 AM Jun 19 2008 |

miraclef

China

I'm a Chinese girl, and there are many sports in our country, but what I like best is badminton.

03:04 AM Jun 19 2008 |

vinbu

vinbu

Philippines

basketball!!!!!!!!

volleyball!!!!!!!!!

07:35 AM Jun 21 2008 |

xudi

China

Turkey played quite well last night。。。and the ends is just incredible

IT‘s worthy for getting up at2:45 AM to watch the game on TV。by the way。。。i never watch our national team's match for it is something so frustrated,it never win in my memory

05:12 PM Jun 21 2008 |

_innocent_

_innocent_

Turkey

in my country football but mine are volleyball and badmintonCool

11:01 AM Jun 23 2008 |

DOOODY

Saudi Arabia

Footbal

02:39 PM Jun 23 2008 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

If you go round the world you'd find soccer the most favorite sport followed by basketball perhaps. But the people of Indian subcontinent (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka) are just crazy for Cricket. India is such a big country, yet it has no international level team of soccer. And only lazy people like cricket (including me!!!). It's also a wastage of time as it is pehaps the longest played game with tests lasting 7 hours/day for 5 days and ODIs lasting 9 hours. Now that a shorter form 20-20 is introduced some fucked up people say it's rape of cricket…lol

08:47 AM Jun 26 2008 |

WiSe_GirL

WiSe_GirL

Qatar

Certainly it's football ..

they spend millions on this sport .

ok, i do know that it's essintial to give attention to sports in each country, but i think that they overreact a little bit..

i can't see why !

09:15 AM Jun 26 2008 |

Tóth Nikolett

Hungary

hmm i think here in hungary the most popular sport is the handball…2. football and 3. hockey

07:26 PM Jan 10 2009 |

charlie-yu

China

pingpang

02:32 AM May 29 2009 |