Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

For clevers

Abukato

Abukato

Somalia

How to build a Somali poem is different from many languages By building a Somali poem needs to select special letter for every poem, the consonants are considered as one by one and the vowels are considered as a single letter, therefore, first you have to select a topic about your poem and the letter it can be based on, for instance:I want to base my poem on my family by using the letter “S” because the name of my wife begins with the letter “S” ( Sara ) This is a short poem: -Somalia is my country, Sara is my wife, Seashore is our home, Sand is our bed, Sunshine is our light, Sardine is our food, Suck or Sip 7up is our drink, Song is our fellow, money is the Simplifier, light Slap is the game, Smile is the call, kiss is the Starter, Sex is the last, Son is the hope, god is the Survivor.  A poem based on Vowels will be brought by me as soon as possible.

02:46 PM Aug 11 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

blackdreams

Turkey

ı think it is really nonsence you based everything on one of the letter(S) what do you want to mean doing like this ı coul not undrstand the importance of basing on only one letter

11:47 AM Aug 12 2008 |

blackdreams

Turkey

yes ı know that game it is really interesting and enjoyable when ı was a child we  ocassionally play it and also now ı like playing it:)

02:18 PM Aug 12 2008 |

Abukato

Abukato

Somalia

This is the Somali poems' character.

07:25 AM Aug 13 2008 |