Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

some personalopinion

max

Italy

<!-==text==begin==-> hi, there, it is meagainas a learner of english, i walked a longway and i think my experience can be a referenceto those who wants to really brush up hisenglish
firstly, grammatically correct englishdoesnt mean idiomatic english, that is why so manychinese people study dictionary and recite manywords still cannot write passages with a taste ofwhat english people should write
secondly,english baby is a very cool site to study daily,conversational american english, but itslimitation also lies on it, if you want to studythe writting, grammar….etc, maybe you wouldbetter find other places
thirdly, one of theother places to study more formal english isrecitation of short essays, i mean, through theprocess of recitation, the delicate use of words,the subtle way of expression will make you have afuller understanding of composing sentences, asyou are recitating, the presentation way ofthinking will be in english, not in chinese or anylanguage, that means, you are thinking in anenglish writer’s way, recitation is very good forpracticing english, actually, some great speechesshould be recited, like the famous abahamlincoln’s gattesberg? speech

the above is myopinion, pals, have you any good ideas aboutstudying english to share withus?

regards
max

Replies:
<!-==10280==0==end==->

09:43 PM Sep 17 2000 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

anne

Brazil

<!-==text==begin==-> Max,
I’m not sure whatyou mean by “recitation”! Maybe the people incharge of the page will know better. But I agreegrammar knowledge can make a lot of difference andtherefore is very important. If you need to studygrammar, post a message at “Anything else?” Forumand lots of people including myself will be ableto make comments on learning processes andrecommend some great books.”Ebaby!” offerspeople the opportunity to learn the kind ofEnglish people can’t find in books. That’s what sospecial about this site! But if you need help withgrammar, you can always post your questions hereand you will see the guys do their best to helpyou.

I will be glad to give it a try! I mean,help you with your grammar difficulties.
Have agreat day!
Your friend Anne.

<!-==10280==255==end==->

10:33 PM Sep 18 2000 |