Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

IELTS exams

Tommytanker

Germany

Hi!

Is anyone studying for an IELTS exam? If you are let me know I tutor a lot of people through it every year so I might be able to help you.

No web site links or crap like that.  

Need help? let me know.

03:07 PM Mar 23 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Michale

Germany

Hi!!

I am studing for an LCCI exam in English for Business, Third Level.

I know this is another exam, but do teach people who are taking this exams, too?

Best regards

Michale 

10:22 AM Mar 24 2007 |

Tommytanker

Germany

Hi there

I teach people what ever needs to be taught really. However, I should say that I have not needed to teach anyone the technique of doing that particular exam.

What's the format?

Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers TT

04:04 PM Mar 24 2007 |

Michale

Germany

Hi,

the exam consists of two parts: Written and oral.

You have to write letters, memos, reports and there is a reading comprehension. It is not important how long the letters and memos are, but I assume they expect between 150 and 200 words like they do in level one and two, it is more important that the reply is appropriate.

The oral exam lasts 25 minutes. You have to introduce yourself, talk about your company and your job for about 7 to 10 minutes. For the rest of the time you get a topic 20 minutes before it starts and you have to talk about it. There will be two examiners present (horrible to imagine, even if you know them in advance). 

Have a nice day!

Michale

12:20 PM Mar 26 2007 |

irfankhan

Pakistan

well its not dat difficult  but you shud confirm with your univ or college wat score wud you rquire to get admission there. once you know dat you can study for it. to b honest its not dat tough. you read those books n listen to the cassetes n practice. i hope u wud b alright.

good luck

irfan

irfan

10:37 PM Jun 16 2007 |

explorer143

Pakistan

Hi,

Well, i want to take IELTS test for next 2 or 3 months for further study purpose, can you help me?

08:45 AM Sep 22 2007 |

dmitry_sexton

Russian Federation

hello, I`d like to pass IELTS next year, but I don`t have exact programm what to learn.

Can you help me to be better prepared?

Thanks,

have a nice day!

09:54 AM Sep 22 2007 |

hejing_100

China

Hollow, I'll take the IELTS test 4 months latetr,and I'm a junior student.

Could you help me?

Thanks! 

02:25 PM Nov 01 2007 |

cherrye

cherrye

Philippines

Hi Mr. Tommytanker!

If you do not mind, i would really like to know what is the difference between American English and British English. I want to perfect my English and want to know both. Kindly advise. Thanx!

09:34 AM Nov 02 2007 |

ghi

Philippines

hi…i am planning to take IELTS. It would be nice if you can be a help.

Thank you.

03:48 PM Nov 02 2007 |

afiord

Romania

Hi,

I would be glad if you can help me. Thanks a lot.

Florin

05:35 PM Nov 02 2007 |