Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

A question for native speakers

gardun

China

There are quite a few English learners who wanna improve their writings,including me.
so there is on doubt that we will make some grammer mistakes in our threads.so,I wanna know whether native speakers can understand
what we said?

04:22 AM May 20 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Mrs.HoneyBoo

Denmark

why not? we will understand what u trying to say. unless its smth that doesnt make any sense)))

05:26 AM May 21 2009 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

ha ha I think you're being a little too self-conscious. Anyone, 'native speaker' or otherwise, would probably understand what you have written here. The only thing you may need to do is to revise what you have just written, and to correct the obvious errors such as 'on doubt' instead of 'no doubt'. As far as grammar is concerned, we usually say 'their writing' instead of 'their writings'.

I think that our real difficulty is when we try to speak with someone with a different accent, such as the American accent.

Maybe, chatting with friends who are keen (yeah, enthusiasm is sometimes more important than how good they are) to talk in English using a vocal chat software such as Skype and watching a lot of English movies could help.  

I use Leslie Sansone indoor walking videos for exercising, and they also happen to be useful for listening to American English on a regular basis!

http://academicwriting.suite101.com/article.cfm/top_five_grammar_mistakes

06:43 AM May 22 2009 |