Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

what does this mean?????????????

jwed

Saudi Arabia

what is meaning of this word?

a bot

someone told me : are you a bot??

but i didn't find it in dictitnory.

10:49 AM Jul 08 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kana☆

Japan

bot=robot

11:15 AM Jul 08 2009 |

Sina16

Sina16

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

bot = robot:

program that simulates a user in a MUD game or in a group chat on the Internet (Computers); parasitic larva of a botfly

03:44 PM Jul 08 2009 |

jwed

Saudi Arabia

I think it is  American slag. it means somthing bad.

I'm not sure of that because I asked teacher but he does not have idea . he said to me.

07:38 PM Jul 08 2009 |

lililijiushiwo

China

a bot

i do not know it means  too.

04:02 AM Jul 09 2009 |

Bogle

Bogle

Germany

They definitaly meant robot.  Bot is simply short for robot.  In a video game, the players who are controlled by the machine (non-human) are called bots.  When someone asked you if you were a bot, they did not believe you were a real person.  There are "bots" on the internet.  In some chat rooms, a person will seem to say the same thing over and over…it's a trick to try to get you to say something to them and they will send you a web site they want you to go to.  So when someone asked you that, they were asking you if you were a program.  Usually bots say dirty things to try to get guys to talk to them.  In short….a bot in a chat room or messenger service is a program which is made to look like a human talking…but it is actually preprogrammed statements.  Hope that helps :).

01:15 PM Jul 09 2009 |

nil_fm

nil_fm

Turkey

related to what you talk in your dialogue about…..

12:37 PM Jul 10 2009 |