Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

How do you practice your listening and speaking?

noguti

noguti

Brazil

hey people… can you give me any advice how to practice listening and speaking?? nowadays, I do that (or try… if it sounds better :P) whatching some american and british TV series…. How 'bout you??

06:09 PM Sep 18 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

noguti

noguti

Brazil

oh… thanks for your advice Missmetalc hick :)

I tried to do that once… and that didn't work hehehehehe…. well, you know … time zone was the matter :(

anyway… thanks for your reply… and I'll keep trying hard on this. XD

03:17 AM Sep 20 2009 |

chief_wang

chief_wang

China

Well, English as a foreign language to me, I have been learning for so many years. I totally agree with Missmetalc
hick
, that is the best way. If it is awkward to you to follow that way, try to listen english programs as much as possible, say VOA and CNN. Large vocabulary is important, that is the base for your listening.

For speaking, read more, loudly. Like today's lesson EATING OUT, you listen 5 times, and then read by yourself for 5 times, you will find the difference.

More pain, more gain.Cool

02:36 PM Sep 20 2009 |

kukuka

kukuka

Ukraine

I guess there are not many native speakers who are willing to waste their time teaching others for free. The best method is to be absorbed in an english-speaking environment, in my point of view.

05:53 AM Sep 22 2009 |

noguti

noguti

Brazil

oh yeah… it's also a problem =/

01:04 PM Sep 22 2009 |

Kaotka

Kaotka

Poland

I practice my listening and speaking English during English lessons most… But I try to speak some English at home too and try to understand English songs, TV programs and videos on youtube. But I need more practice!

In my opinion the best way is go to U.K. or U.S. but it's not always possible…

Anyway good luck noguti

01:25 PM Sep 22 2009 |

noguti

noguti

Brazil

hehehe…. so you do the same to practice your listening,  Kaotka. well… travelling to USA, UK, Canada is the best way in my point of view, too…. But huhhh…... as you said, it's not always possible… many people can't afford this :S

10:06 PM Sep 23 2009 |

kukuka

kukuka

Ukraine

I heard many times that that reading aloud helps a lot.  I am not sure if this method is really effective, but at least you can try reading like 15 minutes a day. By the way i should try it myself and i promise to inform you if there is any positive result.

06:05 AM Sep 24 2009 |

Đồng Xuân Công

Viet Nam

Hi all, I try my best to improve my listening with CDs, Taps (of course books together) but the result is not good, I am still poor & not easy to understand during time watching movies/programs.

Of course practice regurlarly with foregin pepose or travelling to English countries is a best way to improve but not impossible at all. Normally Viet Nam people working on books/CDs & teachers.

The important thing we should come to a solution/the best method for peoplse lile me, hic hic 

06:50 AM Sep 24 2009 |