Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

what's the difference between'my love'and 'my lover'?

royn

China

thanks for ur reply!

02:26 AM Jun 22 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

teru

teru

Viet Nam

Hi royn!

Ur question is good…..I really like it! And thanks for asking the question like that…..U know, sometimes ur lover is ur love , but sometimes its not like that.

Ur lover is a person who loves u…....and Ur love is a person whom u love with all my heart and my mind.

And its easy to find a lover…..but very difficult to find a true love in ur life.

Teru(0)

Thanks for reading all i said.

05:13 AM Jun 22 2007 |

royn

China

Hi teru !

Thanks for ur reply.I know the real meaning of them now. Just like you said, a true is difficult to find,so i 'll cherish the love when i find it and make efforts to keep it for long.

06:27 AM Jun 22 2007 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

Everything is right in this but I thought that I would add one thing. If someone says, my love, especially if they are British, it doesn't always mean what you think. An older person speaking to a younger person would often use the term 'my love' as an affectionate phrase, nothing actually to do with love. A teacher to a student, for instance, might say "You are early, my love." It would not mean that the older person loves the younger person, only that they are affectionate towards them in a good way, not in a loving or bad way. 

03:56 AM Jun 27 2007 |

royn

China

well,got it

thanks

05:00 AM Jun 28 2007 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

According to Teru, the difference between "my lover" and "my love" was that the "lover" was a person that loved teru; if it was "my (teru's) love", then it was a person that teru loved? 

Then these: 

"Ur lover is a person who loves u…...."

"And its easy to find a lover….."

If one is as popular as Paris Hilton, this might be true. I don't think most people feel it is as easy to be loved by another as it is for them to love another. See what I mean?

Undecided

10:10 AM Jun 29 2007 |

teru

teru

Viet Nam

Hi worldmikel!

I got wat u meant. But i dont think like u. Cauz Live is to love and to be loved….and its for all people on the earth….not for only popular persons like Paris Hilton, Brad Pitt or someone else…...U see?

A normal person can be loved  from another and love another as a famous person…...No difference between them. Cauz a normal person or a famous person is a person on the earth…..All people can do that, worldmikel!

Wat do u think abt my thought?

waiting for ur reply!

Nice

Teru(0) 

11:36 AM Jun 29 2007 |

Sami Saad

Sami Saad

Bahrain

The love is hard to find. While the lover is easy to find, because the lover is person, can you deal with and find him any where in the  world, but the real love where can I find it

Thanks

09:18 PM Jun 30 2007 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

My example of Paris Hilton was to mean that someone that is extraordinarily attractive. Most people don't have this sort of mass attraction. Sometimes we refer to new people in our area as "the new kid in town" or the "flavor of the month". People that handsome or cute that you don't know much about will be very attractive. Most people, as you come to know them, are a mix of things you like and dislike. "Love" or even just a "sexual attraction" is not so easy once you know the good and bad of people. It would be difficult to love a very attractive person if you knew, for an extreme example, they murdered someone. Right? Love is not looks alone.

11:26 AM Jul 04 2007 |

fishq

fishq

Viet Nam

Hello, Royn…
I’m not yet have boyfriend _ ...butyour problem very very interesting…i can listen.

01:50 PM Jul 04 2007 |