Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Beware of scammers here on Englishbaby

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

Please be aware that scammers are alive and well here on Englishbaby. If you receive messages like these, please report them as spam and delete them. DON'T answer these messages, just report them as spam and delete them. Here are the examples:

1. My Dear, 

I am well pleased to contact you after viewing your contact today through i am interested in having communication with you as a genuine friend, please dear write me back to my e-mail address ( mirriam91yahoo.co.uk ) so that i can introduce myself to you and also give you my pictures. i am waiting to hear from you soon. 

Yours mirriam91yahoo.co.uk

2. I hope that every things is ok with you 

as is my pleassure to contact you after 

viewing your profile at (www.englishbaby.com) 

which really interest me in having communication 

with you. i will be very happy if you can write 

me through my email for easiest communication 

and to know all about each other,here is my 

email, () i will 

be waiting to hear from you as i wish you all 

the best for your day. 

yours new friend. 

christian

3. Hello my Dear, 

My name is Zanab ,i saw your profile at englishbaby.com/ and became I interested in 

you,i will also like to know you more,and i want you to send an email to my 

address ()so i can give you my picture .Remember the 

distance, colour or language does not matter but love matters alot in life.

4. Hello,Please mail me on this my address ( )

Greeting from joy

how are you to today: my name is miss joy. i saw your profile am very lntreseted to have a Reletionship with you please i will you to send me email to( ) so that able me to send you my picture and all about me.i will be happy to hear from you soon.

DO NOT ANSWER THESE MESSAGES! THEY ARE FAKE MESSAGES FROM CRIMINALS WHO ARE USUALLY IN AFRICA. REPORT THEM AS SPAM AND DELETE THEM.

(I know that some smart ass people will comment on this and say that everyone knows about these messages but, you know what, not everyone does. I wouldn't be posting this unless I had a real good reason. Englishbaby is a good site but they do not protect their members from these harassing messages. Since Englishbaby doesn't care about their members, I will continue to post in the forums about these scams.) 

12:41 AM Jun 30 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

I should add that all of the messages here are from people who are still current members of Englishbaby. No one has done anything about the spam reports and these criminals are still sending out messages to unsuspecting and honest members of this site. Take care of yourself because Englishbaby does not care about your safety at all. 

12:51 AM Jun 30 2010 |

braveheart2010

Egypt

i have recieved many massages like that

02:07 AM Jun 30 2010 |

labrooy61

labrooy61

Australia

I too have received many of these.  I usually just report as SPAM and delete. 

04:02 AM Jun 30 2010 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Scammers are everywhere, almost on every website. Frown I get such letters very often and I delete them immediately. 

06:35 AM Jun 30 2010 |

Rainyboy

Rainyboy

China

I once received a spam which was much more ridiculous than ones you mention…In the spam,She described herself as a refugee whose parents were killed in the rebellion in some country of Africa…and her father had left her large amount of money in  bank…so she needed my help…to withdraw the money from bank and send it to her…and later she claimed that she would use the money to fly to China and thank me in person…She also write a lot of things about how she want to study in school again and how she want to have a home again…....Yell

Terrible spam…right?

11:27 AM Jun 30 2010 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

The sad part is that the messages sound very sincere but the people behind them are ruthless and vicious criminals. Many Americans and Canadians have disappeared in Nigeria and Senegal when they have gone to meet their 'friends'. I'm glad most people know about this but please tell your friends not to answer these messages. 

I received another one this morning:

Hello My Name Precious, 

I am new to this online relationship seeking,How are u doing,Do you know that men and women are angels created with only one wing? And they need to embrace each other to be able to fly… I Hope to find my angel whom i can fly with forever. Went through your profile caught my eye,Ur Profile look nice and loving and great ,I will like to get to know more about u will like to know what u looking for in a relationship,As for me i am looking for a Man who is honest loving caring kind hearted open minded who has sense of humuor understandable considerate loyal polite calm and generous person who has a prestige and intergrity.I was born and raised up in Baltimore in maryland but presently in Indiana to take good care of my sick auntie and she's doing better now though..

I would like to see some others pictures of ur self and i will also exchange mine with u as soon i get ur picx or u could send me ur email where u would want me email me some of my pictures to u.I look forward to hear from u soonest and see what goes on from there or u can also hit me up at email address,my yahoo handle is prettypowell534…Bye for now

Precious Powell 

02:56 PM Jun 30 2010 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

It`s not as easy as that. If you just delete them, they will still be here on Ebaby to harass and tempt other members. I wouldn`t be posting this unless someone had fallen for their lies. Most people would know that these are fake messages but there are always some people who believe them. They wouldn`t be here on Ebaby if they weren`t having success with their crimes. Ebaby does nothing about it, nothing at all. They don`t even delete the accounts after the messages are reported as spam. 

I got another one this morning, that`s at least one every day this week. If you think Ebaby cares about its members, you`re wrong. Here it is:

(This is a fake message that I got today in my inbox. It is not real! It`s from a man in Nigeria or Senegal.)

Hello dear your age race and marital statuse are not factors in who i write to you i am joy a very good looking young lady i need a man to treat me as a lady i dont think its necessary for love to be seprated by age my profile is not enough but write me to my personal email so that i can send u my pictures and tell you more if you find time to write me via email on () 
yours friend miss 

joy 

11:29 AM Jul 01 2010 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

Well I did say in my intro that some smartass would complain about this post and I was right. Somehow I don't think she is smart, but she sure is an ass!

Luzma, I'm not sure what you mean but sometimes jealous boyfriends do odd things. I have a solution for you, send me a message and I can tell you how to deal with this. 

Sepidam, stick it out if you can. Some people are what we call 'trolls' and they love to bother other people. I've been through this kind of thing before and there are ways to settle these things. Let me know if you need help. 

06:41 PM Jul 03 2010 |

Germania

Germania

Germany

I have got  a lot of such messages in the past and I did not like it ..

For this reason I did not visit Ebaby for a long time.I don't understand what excactly

is the reason for such kind of messages..and why does Ebaby not delete such kind of accounts?

06:53 PM Jul 25 2010 |

tut2007

Nigeria

feel offended not all africans are shady so all the scam letters don't come from Africa alone…..

11:12 PM Jul 26 2010 |