Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

I love my country ...I need help !

saprina

saprina

Syrian Arab Republic

hi everyone

actually i have to write a paragraph or a topic in this title "i love my country"

so , how should i start ? and what are  the most important ideas should i contain in this paragraph ? would some body help me ?

04:05 PM Jun 29 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

China

you love your country ,you should know your country's things ,you can write it .i just say that only.

07:40 AM Jul 01 2007 |

combat78tr

combat78tr

Turkey

if you are  best  beatiful in your contury  you can  writte  that. oh my god :)

07:38 PM Jul 01 2007 |

Yunie75

Yunie75

France

Hi,

First I'd advise you take a paper and write the things that come to your mind, things you really like about your country. People's mentality? The atmosphere? Arts/Music? Wildlife?… Try to view your country as if you were a foreigner, yet with the heart of someone who lives here.

Then I would start by the most general view and gradually go down to the most detailed. For instance, start by saying how the world sees your country, then further on to your own ideas. As an example, being French, I could say one of the most common ideas about my people is we smell like garlic (ahah :D) and continue saying that indeed we do use a lot of garlic in our (delicious :p) cooking, but that's good for the blood, and maybe one of the reasons why we have a rather good life expectancy ;)—or something. And I would go on about food, sure. This kind of homework is meant to test your patriotism as much as your writing abilities. If you don't like your country, be inventive. If you do, things will come naturally. But obviously, you cannot be satisfied with : "I love my country because it's great". So go into details.

Hope I could help, good luck.

Yun 

07:51 PM Jul 01 2007 |

saprina

saprina

Syrian Arab Republic

thanks a lot

and a special thank to you yun for your advise

i relly like it

12:50 PM Jul 03 2007 |

irsath

irsath

Sri Lanka

Hi saprina….

I didn't advice to you ..just helping …

First give a 10 minutes relax to your  mind…(better to read the Kuran) then just insert your subject insite your mind….

Now ..what ever you think, write it down on the paper ..don't care about the sentence and grammar…  then read it 10 times …

Then You may feel how should I start to write…then you will get  lot of things when you read each sentence ..in this time your mind will give some news words. then start to write full sentence ….

Now you might reached your goal…

Am I right ?  

Irsath 

11:22 AM Jul 04 2007 |

Yunie75

Yunie75

France

You're welcome :) glad I could help.

05:33 PM Jul 05 2007 |

saprina

saprina

Syrian Arab Republic

actually , i've alrady finished from writing this paragraph .but, anyway thank you alot for your help irsath .

10:45 AM Jul 06 2007 |