Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Game "Guess describing hint"

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Desribe something not mentioning its name (you should tell a category, f.e. FOOD)

Example: it’s sweet, round (commonly), baked with some stuff  (FOOD)

the next user guesses: a pie ; and he/she put another task

p.s. Don’t be too much sophisticated :)

10:18 AM Jan 23 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Brain? 

- 

At night they come without being fetched. By day they are lost without being stolen. What are they?

10:01 AM Apr 23 2012 |

Orchestra

Orchestra

Russian Federation

Eleniya, nearly)) I meant DNA (spirals which contain our genetic code)

Stars?

The place on Earth where the Earth’s rotation around its own axis stops for you (geographic)

12:26 PM Apr 23 2012 |

CatcheR

CatcheR

Iceland

atmosphere? moon? -- Why water can off fire?

08:43 AM Apr 24 2012 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Moon on Earth? ;) Rezky, you must be kidding :D 

Orchestra, I don’t know.. :/ I only know that  Earth’s axis is an invisible line that is tilted at about 23 degrees that goes through the Earth. ...The Earth is spinning like an enormous gyroscope; it never stops.   

09:14 AM Apr 24 2012 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Water is stronger than fire. :)

-

I build up castles.
I tear down mountains.
I make some men blind,
I help others to see.
What am I?  (you can find it on a seaside)

09:17 AM Apr 24 2012 |

Orchestra

Orchestra

Russian Federation

Yep! you’ve got a point! It never stops at all but you can STOP FEEL it (I stated “stops FOR YOU”)!

I meant Northern/Southern Pole (geographic, not magnetic)! Because while standing along any axis you can never feel the rotation around this axis. Just imagine!  If you stood in any place apart from center of fast centrifuging merry-go-round, you’d feel the force pulling you away from the center (centrifugal force).  But you have only to stand on the center and this force will disappear. That’s what I meant! You know, now this question seems to me to have been asked incorrectly. Sorry for that!Embarassed

09:47 AM Apr 24 2012 |

Orchestra

Orchestra

Russian Federation

Eleniya, maybe sand?  But just can’t realize how it can make someone blind? Undecided

--

It’s sweat but million times more disguisting than the bitterest thing all around the world.

10:02 AM Apr 24 2012 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

Orchestra, thanks for the explanation :) I thought about poles, but doubted.

Absolutely correct! Sand may make someone blind if its grains get into smb’s eyes in the wind. But such a blindness is only for a while, fortunately. :)

swEAt or swEEt? I guess, you mean sweet. hmmm… it’s food? No, I think, it’s lie or something like that. Sweet lie…

11:31 AM Apr 24 2012 |

Orchestra

Orchestra

Russian Federation

yes, sure, I meant “sweet” instead of “sweat”.  Exactly!  It’s lie! You’re right! ;-) Your quiz?)

12:17 PM Apr 24 2012 |

Crizsearch

Crizsearch

Indonesia

WOW, I have missed the nice game Foot in mouth

03:35 PM Apr 24 2012 |