Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

There is no such thing as a stupid question on Ebaby!

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

I've been reading the forums here for a long time. I know that some of you feel that your questions are too simple, or that you can't explain yourself well enough to ask a question properly. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! JUST ASK

If you ask a question, it will get answered. If it doesn't, just write to me and I'll give it a shot. Don't be shy. Don't think that someone will laugh at you for asking what YOU think is a stupid question. There are no stupid questions. OK?

We are a community, some need help, others help. It's as simple as that. If we can learn English as well as learn to help other people, this small part of the world will be a better place. 

Is there any way we can keep this Ask English part open for questions and use the Life Talk for the 'I Want To Meet People' posts? Just a suggestion.  

03:13 AM Sep 29 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pkcool

Hong Kong

yesu got a point there^^

05:51 PM Sep 29 2007 |

oxanna

oxanna

Moldova, Republic Of

oh, that's nice..
I have a question, but it's not about grammar or pronunciation… please tell me what is
the procedure of legalizing a copy of a document there in Canada? I am curious just because here in my country there is a concept – apostile, and I wander if the copies of important documents are officialized in the same way there. And what 
department or state structure is competent to do this?

thank you.

i miss you…

11:25 AM Oct 01 2007 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

Hi Oxanna, I miss you too!

Here in Canada, an 'official' document has to be  notarized to be official.  We have people who are officials of the government, minor officials, who are known as 'notaries' or 'public notaries' .   They are able to verify things, with a seal and a stamp. Faxes are ok in most cases, and even emails can be used for some official things. I guess it depends on what document you are using. Passports are the most important and can't be copied, of course. When you are applying for certain papers, the originals must be used. I hope this helps. Keep in touch Oxanna, ok?

11:59 AM Oct 01 2007 |