Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

why is my english so poor?

nikisuper

China

i have learned english for16 years,but i can only read,not dare to speak,can not wtite!
how can i do?

03:42 AM Mar 08 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

humberto

Venezuela

Hi, everybody. I just would recommend to all of you who are trying really hard to speak English fluently not to worry so much about learning grammar. Trying to get used to the language reading and listening a lot should lead you to improve your speaking.I believe that listening the same content over and over again would help you a lot to improve your English fluency.That has worked out wonderfully to me. At the same time I also recommend you to give a look to The Linguist website (www.thelinguist.com). The Linguist system is a really revolutionary method that only in three months has helped me more that any other traditional English learning method I had ever tried.

04:49 AM May 12 2006 |

kingspachi

kingspachi

Canada

www.thelinguist.com.
sounds good, and I had think to join this before, but I didn’t do it cause it is pretty pricy.
So the main point is that to listen same content “over again & again”? – sounds work, but does it too boring?
just my 2cent.

07:30 AM May 12 2006 |

luciferous

luciferous

China

Speak up loudly ,guy!!!!!!!KEEP ON WORKING!!!!!!!!!

10:46 AM May 12 2006 |

humberto

Venezuela

Hi,kingspachi. The key is to choose a content or contents that you really enjoy. This site has too many contents you are able to choose from. I am sure you would also find some contents out which you would really like. I have improved my Emglish skills a lot. Right now I feel very confortable holding any conversation in English. Anyway, I believe that if you work with enthusiasm you will reach any goals you want. Of course, becoming fluenty in English requires a lot of hard work. It is a long way to go, but you can do it. There is no doubt about that. Just enjoy learning the language. Have fun and do not worry about making mistakes. Making mistakes is part of the learning process. Good luck!!

11:59 AM May 12 2006 |

kamran rasheed

Pakistan

Hi friends,

I have read your experience to know english. No matter, as our native languages is not english so the probum in english communication is genioun. I am from pakistan and have the same problum too but we have to profient in because it is a international languages.

My experience to learn english is very hope full. I am getting training from an instructor who just give me the techniqes to learn english which i would like to share with you. the major problum in english that i had, was specking.

I did the practice as

1- I find a friend and requst her to talk only in english with me, at least i every time was try to talk in english. that incrase my confidance to speak and acsent and pronounciation. i suggust the partner should be opposite sex. Male and Female.For that i also purchased and dialogue book from the market. and regularly study it.

2- I regualry make habit to see TV english talk show not for long time only for 30-60 minute and then try to asked question on such discussion. I prepare 8-10 question then write them and then check them gramatically and practice to asked.

3-I try to find things in english. if found one word and write maximum things related to that expample, Session Summer, Hot, suffocation, sun shine, pepsi, cool water, highly drinking, mangoo, Lassi, Fan, Air conditionar, Breeze, such like and dry to writer 100 word for the same. it icrease my vacabulary.

and the last thing is confidence, remember you are studnet for english, and student never shay to do work try to build up your confidece.

And if you are too shay then talk with those who never know english after one weak you will be ready to talk other who know english.

AND IF YOU STILL FACE PROBLUM THEN BECOME MY FRIEND AND I HOPE WE WILL ACHIEVE OUR TARGET TO BECOME PROFCIENT IN ENGLISH

MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS:

Good bye

07:34 AM Jul 08 2006 |

kamran rasheed

Pakistan

Hi friends,

I have read your experience to know english. No matter, as our native languages is not english so the probum in english communication is genioun. I am from pakistan and have the same problum too but we have to profient in because it is a international languages.

My experience to learn english is very hope full. I am getting training from an instructor who just give me the techniqes to learn english which i would like to share with you. the major problum in english that i had, was specking.

I did the practice as

1- I find a friend and requst her to talk only in english with me, at least i every time was try to talk in english. that incrase my confidance to speak and acsent and pronounciation. i suggust the partner should be opposite sex. Male and Female.For that i also purchased and dialogue book from the market. and regularly study it.

2- I regualry make habit to see TV english talk show not for long time only for 30-60 minute and then try to asked question on such discussion. I prepare 8-10 question then write them and then check them gramatically and practice to asked.

3-I try to find things in english. if found one word and write maximum things related to that expample, Session Summer, Hot, suffocation, sun shine, pepsi, cool water, highly drinking, mangoo, Lassi, Fan, Air conditionar, Breeze, such like and dry to writer 100 word for the same. it icrease my vacabulary.

and the last thing is confidence, remember you are studnet for english, and student never shay to do work try to build up your confidece.

And if you are too shay then talk with those who never know english after one weak you will be ready to talk other who know english.

AND IF YOU STILL FACE PROBLUM THEN BECOME MY FRIEND AND I HOPE WE WILL ACHIEVE OUR TARGET TO BECOME PROFCIENT IN ENGLISH

MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS:

Good bye

07:38 AM Jul 08 2006 |

kamran rasheed

Pakistan

Hi friends,

I did the practice as

MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS:

Good bye

kamran rasheed

Pakistan

Hi friends,

I did the practice as

MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS:

Good bye

jing'er

China

hi.

I glad to see you via this webside.I also from China.I'm an eighteen year old girl.IF you want to make friend with me .please reply me.

my MSN is   .

looking forward your mail.bye!

jing'er

02:54 AM Jul 09 2006 |

jing'er

China

hi.

I glad to see you via this webside.I also from China.I'm an eighteen year old girl.IF you want to make friend with me .please reply me.

my MSN is   .

looking forward your mail.bye!

jing'er

02:58 AM Jul 09 2006 |