Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

!!! 4 wives !!!!

ahmedbleach

Tunisia

Once upon time, there was a rich king , who had four wives.
He loved the fourth wife so much ,and he was ready to do anything , just to please her.
He also loved the third wife, but he always feel that she can leave him in anytime for another man.The second wife was the only refuge for him when he face bad times and always listen to him and be always beside him when he feel sad.But the first wife was absolutely neglected and ignored and never given her rights as a wife, despite her strong and faithful love towards her husband , the king , besides, she was the only protector of her husband ‘ s kingdom.
One day, the king was too ill, and he felt that his end came too close to end. So he said “Well, I have four wives .I don’t want to be buried alone. I will ask if one of my
four wives accept to be with me in my grave!So he asked the fourth wife: “I loved you so much, even, more than my other wives, and gave you all what you want , to please you and make you happy! So, do you accept to come with me to the grave? So she answered “ no way!!” and leave , without showing any feelings of sorry or sympathy.
So he asked the third wife : “ I loved during all my life ,so , do you agree to be my accompanier in the grave?
So she said : “ Of course not! Life is beautiful , and just when you will dye, I will marry another man”
Than he asked the second wife : “ You were always my only refuge in my bad times and you always sacrificed and help me,so, could you please go with me to the grave ?” So
she said : “ Sorry , I can’t do it . But all what can I do, is to visit your grave from time to time .
So , the king felt a strong deep pain cause the repudiate of his wives!
Suddenly, he listened to a very slow voice saying : “ I will go with you to the grave,I will be with you wherever you go”! It was the king’s first wife, standing miserable ,weak and ill, cause the neglect that she always know from her husband , the king.
The king felt guilty of mistreating her for all over his life and said : “I wasn’t supposed to neglect you or mistreat you! I was supposed to treat just like
the others , or even more”!!
Friends! This is not the point! The truth is that all of us have four wives!!:
The fourth wife is the body : whatever we take care of it ,and whatever we give it for pleasure, he will leave us just when we dye!
The third wife is the money and fortune: it will leave us and goes to an other person !
The second wife is the family and friends: whatever they do for us, they cannot do anything for us when we dye, just to visit our grave from time to time!
The first wife is the soul : we absolutely neglect it and we always forget about taking care of it , in the time that we give all our attention to please our appetence and fortune and friends, in the time that only our soul will be with us in the grave!
So friends, if our spirit shows up as a human being as we can see, how it will look like?
miserable and weak? Or healthy and strong? Think about it!
I hope you get the point! & excuse me if there r some grammar mistakes.
So, what do think about it !!?

08:47 PM Nov 24 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

little_apple

Slovakia

Very nice story. everything u wrote is absolute. we all have to think about it. But if I should imagine my soul like a human, I really don´t know how will it looks like. maybe shy and small man. i don´t know. 

but did u think about it?? lol 

09:10 PM Nov 24 2007 |

yana011

yana011

Philippines

there is  lesson in your story..despite that the first wife is neglected, shes still willing to gave up her life just to accompanied her husband.. You're absolutely correct. Soul is no.1 neglected, majority of us.. The only food for our soul is the WORD of GOD. Our soul is hungry for the word of God and yet we didn't mind about it.  Great story.. It enlighten one's soul. Keep it up!Smile

05:08 AM Nov 25 2007 |

ahmedbleach

Tunisia

thank u my friends, i appreciate ur comments & i hope that u got the lesson.

08:03 PM Nov 25 2007 |

ahmedbleach

Tunisia

!

10:19 PM Nov 26 2007 |

sweet10hearts

Philippines

Yes Ahmed…your story is very interesting..it  has lesson i have heard that story before…and its great you bring it out again here. To enlighten people about something we forgot. The food for our soul.

We humans are very insatiable…( unsatisfied) we like to seek for more…even though we already have something…and by doing so…we never realized that by aspiring for more we are losing something we already have…and too late to find out that what you have lost is the best you got.

01:26 AM Nov 27 2007 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

It would be interesting to see the reaction to a queen with four husbands. It's a lovely parable that still smacks of male dominance in a world that is suffering because of it. Once 90 percent of the world figures out that men are not more intelligent, braver or in any way superior to women, all of the world will be a better place. Unfortunately it looks like we won't ever make it to that point. 

sweet10hearts, I think it is the male who is insatiable and it is the women who suffer because of it. Just my humble opinion. 

02:40 AM Nov 27 2007 |

ahmedbleach

Tunisia

I think that every human being is insatiable either men or women. So all of us have to get the lesson.

10:56 AM Nov 27 2007 |

sweet10hearts

Philippines

haahaha..so you admit  Mapleleaf Man that you are insatiable? You belong to men…lol ..well yeah i guess  men are more insatiable than women….but women are also insatiable. I do admit that too..maybe not all ….those who live in simple life have less demand for something…they need simple things…only those people who accepted the fact that this is his life…and contented in it ..that he may stop craving for what is lacking.

01:38 PM Nov 27 2007 |

ahmedbleach

Tunisia

Maybe , but u know, 1 time we satisfy our simple needs, we’ll pass to another greater 1 , it’s the human being nature. So, we still always insatiable independently of our life level.
By the way, i do believe that women r more insatiable than men my dear sweet10hearts lol hhhhaa …

09:04 PM Nov 27 2007 |

ahmedbleach

Tunisia

!!

09:48 PM Nov 30 2007 |