Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

No Worries

No Worries English, baby! Video Lesson

Date: Sep 23 2008

Themes: Friend, Soap Opera

Grammar: Conditionals with "Unless"

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

Do not covet your neighbor’s wife. Nor imagine your neighbor does so.

Jason and Mason are good friends. Jason liked Amanda, but Mason ended up with her. Their friendship made it through that, but when Jason started hanging out with Amanda as friends, things got a little weird.

Then Jason heard that Mason was angry with him. Amanda told him it probably wasn’t true. Watch Mason and Jason talk about it and see if she was right.

3. Watch - Watch the video without reading the dialog.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Mason

Mason

Jason

Jason

Mason:  Dude, I just wanted to let you know I’m not mad at you. I know it might have seemed that way the last time we hung out.

Jason:  Oh, no, it didn’t seem like that at all. Though Beren did mention something, so I’m glad you’re bringing it up now.

Mason:  I don’t know, it just kind of came out of the blue. I didn’t know you and Amanda were hanging out.

Jason:  Yeah, I’m sorry. I just assumed you did know that. I wouldn’t have sort of…And I assumed you knew about the Franklin guy and everything, and…Anyway, it must have been weird to realize that I knew stuff about your girlfriend that you didn’t know or whatever.

Mason:  Here’s the thing. It’s not a big deal about you. It’s more just the fact that I don’t know. What does that say? Doesn’t that something?

Jason:  Yeah, I guess it maybe does. I don’t know. Maybe not though I guess…

Mason:  It’s just kind of got me all freaked out, you know? I’m all up with it and I’m thinking maybe that’s a problem and maybe that speaks to something wrong with Amanda and I, I don’t know.

Jason:  I don’t know, unless there’s another symptom that something’s wrong, I would just write it off to insecurity, probably. I don’t know, maybe it’s just chance, like I happened to talk to her about that before you did. Or sometimes when you hang out with your significant other, you just want to kind of kick back and enjoy yourself. You don’t want to complain about work.

Mason:  You don’t want to bring your problems onto the table.

Jason:  Yeah.

Mason:  I hope that’s it. But yeah dude, we’ll see, I guess. Maybe I’ll just let it work itself out.

Jason:  Cool.

Grammar Point

Go Super to learn "Conditionals with "Unless"" from this lesson Go Super!

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Mason isn’t angry with Jason. It seemed like it for a while, but now he’s realized that he was really just upset because he was worried about his relationship with Amanda. If she doesn’t talk about her problems with him, does that mean they’re in trouble?

Jason says no. She probably just didn’t want to bring Mason down or was tired of thinking about it. In any case, Mason and Jason are cool again and Mason says he’ll just see what happens with Amanda.

Comments

innelsavkina

Ukraine

so terrible English((((((((((((((( why every year and every century you try to spoil it??

09:27 AM Jan 10 2016 |

trimph

trimph

Jordan

it is good to improve  speaking and talking with others so thanx

01:22 PM Dec 02 2011 |

sandip_shd

India

its too much fast , i cant understand the pronunciation.

01:27 PM Jul 16 2010 |

redpome

redpome

India

hah! this is cool

07:13 AM Mar 21 2010 |

mors

mors

Saudi Arabia

thinks that was very good

06:45 AM Oct 28 2009 |

erener

erener

Turkey

I have been learning English for 3 years and I understood the dialogue after 3 watches :)

05:46 PM Aug 21 2009 |

miffoo

miffoo

Slovakia

It's very complicated, if two boys likes one girls.  I know, I had that situation three years ago. I and my friend are cool again. Laughing

08:59 PM Dec 02 2008 |

miffoo

miffoo

Slovakia

good lesson

08:49 PM Dec 02 2008 |

Grace_Kim

South Korea

If I have same problem like Amanda,first I whould talk to Mason. However,She’s not feeling comfortable talking about the problem so she turn to Jason…

02:32 AM Nov 27 2008 |

yangshen3

China

it's a very good lesson.  very clear

01:00 AM Nov 26 2008 |

goodpal

goodpal

El Salvador

great lessons for pals!!! see ya guyssss

12:50 AM Nov 01 2008 |

goodpal

goodpal

El Salvador

good lessons for real pals, isn’t it???? see ya guys!!!!!!!

12:50 AM Nov 01 2008 |

majid

Saudi Arabia

great lesson

11:51 AM Oct 02 2008 |

DricaBr

DricaBr

Brazil

how many time this two guys say " i don't know" in this dialogue?

Laughing

11:57 PM Sep 27 2008 |

saladav

India

Its good for me to improve my English thanks to English baby web portal
Ramesh from India Chennai.

02:08 AM Sep 26 2008 |

Totto

Totto

Sudan

That is a good one, it turned out,  for they are still friends.  But that rarely happens in this day and age.  Smile

10:32 PM Sep 23 2008 |

monetoo

monetoo

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

i like this lesson

thanks

08:55 PM Sep 23 2008 |

joingo

Taiwan

When a girl would much rather talk about her trouble to a male friend than to you, you ought to realize what she really think.

02:38 PM Sep 23 2008 |

SÉRGIO

SÉRGIO

Brazil

That’s very complicated, to like the same girl, but they seemed to be ok for a while. But i think it is not the end yet!!

02:34 PM Sep 23 2008 |

Phoebus

China

very good lesson ,maybe that is what had happened to you or will.en ,that needs to be sloved

04:24 AM Sep 23 2008 |

Likes (40):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast