简体
Pizza
比萨

Learn about Phrasal Verbs

Date: May 07 2012

Themes: Food

Grammar: Phrasal Verbs

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

Go Super to Listen Go Super!

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

Pizza is one of the most international foods there is. No matter what country you come from, you’ve probably had pizza. And you probably liked it, too!

Part of pizza’s popularity might come from the fact that there are so many different types of pizza to choose from. You can select your favorite crust, your favorite sauce, your favorite cheese, and your favorite toppings. Whether its a simple slice of cheese or something more gourmet, there is a pizza to suit almost any mood, taste, or occasion. Hear Amy and Jason talk about their favorite kinds of pizza.

比萨是最具国际影响力的食品之一。无论你来自哪个国家,可能都曾品尝过比萨。也许你也很喜欢比萨!
比萨受欢迎的部分原因或许是因为它有众多口味可选。你可以选择喜爱的饼皮、酱料、奶酪和配料。无论是配上一小块简单的奶酪还是更美味的辅料,比萨几乎适合任何心情、口味或者场合。请听艾米和詹森谈论他们喜爱的比萨口味。

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Jason

Jason

Amy

Amy

Jason:  You want to get some food?

Amy:  Pizza?

Jason:  Sure. That’s pretty agreeable.

Amy:  I just…I could eat pizza every meal of the day.

Jason:  Yeah, there’s Hawaiian pizza with pineapple and bacon on it. And, you know, you could also get vegetarian pizza. It’s almost like you’re eating a salad and your dinner at the same time with all the spinach on there.

Amy:  Yeah, you can get tons of vegetables on there. It’s almost like a health food.

Jason:  Well, what kind are you in the mood for today?

Amy:  You know, I like the traditional, cheese or peperoni. But are there any toppings you don’t like? Maybe we should rule those out first.

Jason:  Yeah, let’s leave out the onions.

Amy:  Oh yeah, I don’t like onions either.

Jason:  And what kind of crust?

Amy:  Well, I’m not starving, so deep dish might be a little too heavy. How about thin crust?

Jason:  Yeah, that’s a good way to go. And actually, I ask them to leave off some of the cheese sometimes.

Amy:  What? Leave off the cheese?

Jason:  Just about half, like use half as much cheese as you would normally use.

Amy:  No way. I love the greasy cheese.

Jason:  Right on.

Grammar Point

Go Super to learn "Phrasal Verbs" from this lesson Go Super!

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Jason and Amy want to get something to eat. Amy suggests pizza. Jason thinks that pizza is an easy food to agree on because there are so many different kinds and styles. Amy agrees. She likes lots of vegetables on her pizza when she’s in the mood for something healthier, but she likes traditional types of pizza like cheese and pepperoni, too.

Jason and Amy talk about what kind of toppings and crust they want. Amy wants thin crust because she isn’t very hungry. Jason says to leave off the onions. Sometimes he thinks there is too much cheese on pizza, so he asks for half the cheese. But Amy loves cheesy pizza.

Do you like pizza? What are your favorite pizza toppings? What toppings do you not like on pizza?

Comments

Staisy

Staisy

Russian Federation

I am indifferent to this kind of food.

08:08 PM May 01 2014 |

Drmahsa1995

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

yep thats my favorite.. i like vegetable pizza :)

03:41 PM Aug 16 2013 |

DominikLi

DominikLi

China

Pizza is amazing!It’s really a magical gift for people who like eating.For me,I can’t imagine a world without pizza,how boring will it be?

09:02 AM Jan 21 2013 |

Nafas75

Nafas75

it’s my favorite foodLaughing

06:35 AM Oct 04 2012 |

Nina_Smith

Nina_Smith

Australia

i like pizza  very much it’s very delicious food.

12:12 PM Sep 27 2012 |

resti pratita

Indonesia

pizza is my favorite too , delicious Smile follow restipratita.blogspot.com

11:59 AM May 14 2012 |

linglinghuang

China

I like Pizza much.But I don’t eat them often.

08:43 AM May 14 2012 |

Huiguang.Ye

China

i need keep fit. probably will have a while can´t eat it.

09:56 PM May 13 2012 |

ahmedhamid2

Sudan

I don’t eat Pizza at all , cause i don’t like it

10:01 AM May 11 2012 |

1 person likes this

Andressa Holland

Brazil

HAHAHAHAHA snoopboy I think that if julito had ordered the Pisa would have been faster!

10:03 PM May 07 2012 |

1 person likes this

amd444

amd444

United Kingdom

I do not like pizza to much but some times eat it.

09:46 PM May 07 2012 |

agutka71

agutka71

Poland

I did not add, best topping for my family is lots of cheese, mushrooms, chicken or ham, mayo, ketchup and oregano.

09:24 PM May 07 2012 |

agutka71

agutka71

Poland

I just had one today. homemade. but usually I do not eat it at all . the reason is very simple: calories! but preparing this dish for my family is ejoyable enough. The secret of best taste of pie is that I always add a drop of olive oil. Is just delicious.

09:19 PM May 07 2012 |

1 person likes this

julito

julito

Argentina

Same here only that these boys  make the delivery  with the help of a motorcycle ,now our streets  are not safe  anymore , congested with cars and buses  ,they are constantly exposed to  be run over  by them. I feel pity for these boys that  to make a living they have to risk their lifes  everynight  . Embarassed 

08:56 PM May 07 2012 |

1 person likes this

goodmahsa

goodmahsa

hi Julito , sorry for my delay in answering your question.but to be honest about your question I have to confess that I’m totally blank in cooking :( and this is one of my biggest spiritual torture ;) no one in my family gives me accolade for my nonexistent delicious cooking but as an motivation for me to learn how to cook , maybe !!! :) but you gotta keep that one close to the vest ;)

08:55 PM May 07 2012 |

1 person likes this

snoopyboy

snoopyboy

Antarctica

I found out that some delivery persons don’t earn much from their employers, so they depend a lot on tips even to cover for gas expenses. It’s not much different than being a waiter . so I give them as close to 10% worth as tip, sometimes I go beyond that when I’m celebrating payday : )

08:43 PM May 07 2012 |

julito

julito

Argentina

Snoopy , I am usually a good tipper also.I don´t want that the pizza boy think that I am a miser. Cry

08:36 PM May 07 2012 |

1 person likes this

snoopyboy

snoopyboy

Antarctica

Ok, Julito… My tip starts to depreciate the second after I placed my order. : ), just kidding. I give good tips

08:31 PM May 07 2012 |

julito

julito

Argentina

Snoopy, hello,  the pizzeria starts  after 7 pm.    

08:23 PM May 07 2012 |

snoopyboy

snoopyboy

Antarctica

Yes, Ryo... I’m sure this symbolizes more than just geometric shapes, there’s a  scientific feel to it.

08:01 PM May 07 2012 |

Likes (47):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast