简体
Photo Albums
相册

Review the Simple Past Tense

Date: Jun 11 2012

Themes: Hobbies

Grammar: Simple Past Tense

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

Go Super to Listen Go Super!

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

Photographs are important keepsakes. They remind us of happy or significant moments in our lives. It’s fun to look back at old photos and remember good times. But if you don’t put your photos in an album, will you look back at them at all?

Now that almost everyone either uses a digital camera or takes pictures on their cell phone, it’s a lot less common to get photos developed. Instead, we store them on our computers, or leave them in our phones. Amy thinks that just isn’t the same as arranging them in an album. Hear her and Ella chat about photo albums.

照片是珍贵的纪念品。能让我们想起生活中快乐或有意义的时刻。翻看旧照片,回想美好时光,总是乐趣无穷。但如果不将照片放在相册中,你还会翻看它们吗?
现在,几乎每一个人都使用数码相机或者手机拍照,冲洗照片的人越来越少。我们将照片存在电脑中,或留在手机里。艾米认为,这与将照片放在相册中的意义不同。听听她和艾拉谈论相册。

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Amy

Amy

Ella

Ella

Amy:  I’m pretty sad that photo albums seem to be a thing of the past.

Ella:  That seems true. But last month, I just made a photo album for my parents, to give them for their anniversary. So I’m trying to bring it back, but it’s kind of inconvenient to print pictures and put it together. I don’t know, it’s kind of a hassle. But it’s nice to have something tangible.

Amy:  I think so too, and I just find that I look at an actual physical photo album so much more than I look at pictures on the computer. And so, for me, it’s like, if you just take pictures with your digital camera and then store them online, you never really see them. It’s like you don’t get to reminisce and, you know, it’s much less of a souvenir.

Ella:  Yeah, I definitely feel that with online photo albums, I just click through, and I don’t really pay attention to the details very much, just ‘cause there’s 200 pictures.

Amy:  Exactly. And it’s nice to be able to turn the pages. You can just pick your best photos, instead of the 450 photos you took from your vacation, you can just pick 50 of them and arrange them artfully, and keep them on the coffee table or whatever, so other people can look at them too.

Ella:  Yes. Photo albums, we should start bringing them back.

Grammar Point

Go Super to learn "Simple Past Tense" from this lesson Go Super!

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Amy says that she is sad that photo albums are becoming less common. But Ella just made a photo album for her parents’ anniversary. At least some people are trying to stop photo albums from becoming a thing of the past.

Ella thinks that photo albums are inconvenient to make. But she would rather look at pictures in an album than on a computer. Amy agrees that with digital cameras, people take too many pictures, and it isn’t as special to look at them on a computer as it is to look at them in an album.

Also, an album is easy to share with other people. You can leave it out on your coffee table for your friends to look at whenever they want. Amy and Ella agree that it’s time to start bringing photo albums back.

Do you use a digital camera? How do you store your photos? Do you ever make a photo album?

Comments

yifangwang

China

Photo Albums are easy to have a look at and shared with other persons,also,is easy to get lost and get yellow.

Storing the picture on the computer is more convenient in the modern soeicty.And,do you  think,in fact ,it is much easier to share with more friends,even our friends may live much far with us?

01:51 PM Jul 08 2012 |

I M P E R I V M

United States

I remember when I had my first camera back in 1999 and I would take pictures of everything, the street, my house, the sky, my friends… and then I would run to the developing store to get my pictures.

Today, I have about 9 cameras: in my cellphone, webcam, video camera etc but today I seldom take pics maybe because it is so common now. Physical photos are more valuable because you only have one and digital you can copy, edit etc in an instant

03:37 AM Jun 16 2012 |

nourelyakine

Algeria

I like to use the camera and enjoy taking pictures 

04:13 PM Jun 13 2012 |

xile99

xile99

China

yes, in the past, when I didn’t have digital camera, I always put pictures to photo albums, but recent years, I don’t, just leave them on PC or phone. It’s the time to start bringing photo albums back..

04:33 PM Jun 12 2012 |

1 person likes this

dentina

dentina

Poland

I love making photos. There are a lot of fun when I look at the old pics form familly ceremony or my holiday. I use digital camery – i think that it has a lot of advantages and disadvantages. I love in the past waiting for developing the photos. I hate when sb select and remove pics becouse he look bad on it. When I use digital camery I can make more photos than in the past. My new camera is professional and do better photos. I store my photos on the CD or on the portable memory

04:06 PM Jun 12 2012 |

diva87

diva87

Morocco

yess i have one. actaully its very important in  the moments of our life. yea i keep my fhotos as much as i can . sure i hv a fhoto album its safe more than cell fhone or online to store pics :)

10:44 PM Jun 11 2012 |

1 person likes this

SÉRGIO

SÉRGIO

Brazil

Old pics can sometimes be very funny…old dresses, hair style… very nice!!

09:55 PM Jun 11 2012 |

vicmay_lo-flo@live.com.mx

Mexico

is good… remenber.Wink

09:24 PM Jun 11 2012 |

hector hm

Mexico

hi

06:10 PM Jun 11 2012 |

i love life

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Actually this article  very nice we need such like this article from time to time , For me I don’t like to take photos , I prefer to save All my memories in my mind , when I take some pictures  I will remember my special time , I don’t like to be under memories .

I Have an digital camera , But I Rarely  use my camera ,Really when you have an photo Albums you will remaining All your special things ,specially If you were happy when you were a young , Always I’m trying to be presence with my family , but some of my family love to take photo Albums .

We have some misconception about How we can use the phones and digital camera in our lives , some people are suffering from  ignorance , some people didn’t have a good knowledge about the globalization .

sometimes When I Have any special occasion I love to take my photos with my friends , If I want to change my photo profile I prefer to be my photo very nice .

All the best to All people pver the world they are looking to take photos everywhere 

06:04 PM Jun 11 2012 |

1 person likes this

Faathimaa

Faathimaa

Maldives

I like taking photos and have many at home. My camera is not so good but the photos I get are nice. I have some photo albums and love to look them through.

05:30 PM Jun 11 2012 |

doa'a

doa'a

Yemen

its one of my best things i have ever had, taking photoes for almost everything that is happining in the family, i have photoes for my cousins son when he was 2 hours, also i have his voic when he was crying, and i keep everything in the computer in chapters, in my family, they call me the camera man

03:58 PM Jun 11 2012 |

Crizsearch

Crizsearch

Indonesia

Yeah, I use digital camera or I just love to take picture with my phone and I think it’s really easy. True I think it’s time we should bringing  photo album back. I just realize that I never print up my photos for quite long time and I think it’s kinda boring to look at them in the computer or phone as Ella has said I too didn’t really pay much attention to them. Came a thought into my mind just a few days ago that I really want to print some of my photos and store them in nice photo album. It’ll give me nice memory when I grow older :D Cool

02:40 PM Jun 11 2012 |

Dreamer girl

Algeria

some times I have using digital camera for make a souvenir by photos album of my famely. when I was a younger & rememeber best time with it

02:31 PM Jun 11 2012 |

hessah24

Saudi Arabia

i like te photographs becouse stoped best moments in my lives. i have useing a digital camera some times.  i stores my photos in the phon .and some times make a photo album. 

01:05 PM Jun 11 2012 |

Englishty

Englishty

Egypt

I agree with them a hundred percent, i love looking at my photos with my family when i was younger and remember these wonderful times and laugh at the silly ones when we were completely different from how we look now and as everyone these days we keep our photos on our computer or our cell phones and i can tell you i barely check them out unlike the old photos.

12:44 PM Jun 11 2012 |

Antonin@

Antonin@

Ukraine

I use a digital camera now. But I had an usual camera earlier. I was opening one eye, looking at the lens and telling:” The bird is flying!”. It was funny! Then our family rented the photos in the photo center. When we had our “frozen moments , I laid it to my album. It was a big action!) Time by time I`m flipping my albums and reminding my family, friends, trips and amazing childhood!)))) Recently I`ve even cried! Because I had a real tale, which gave a life!

10:04 AM Jun 11 2012 |

sanaa2000

sanaa2000

Egypt

I didnt have adigital camera,but i have one album.I put all my family & frieds photos i it.It reminds me with the most happy situations in my life.I feel happiness ,when I look at it.Laughing

08:15 AM Jun 11 2012 |

princessanika

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Laughing

I have  3 albums  about my family and 2 albums about myself.Smile

07:38 AM Jun 11 2012 |

2 people like this

oalkathiri

oalkathiri

United Arab Emirates

the camera digital helps us to keep our keepsakes in our mind for ever, who made this camera he is really genius and service the humanity .

07:25 AM Jun 11 2012 |

1 person likes this

Likes (35):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog: