Social_nav_masthead_logged_in
How To Learn speaking and pronuncition

How To Learn speaking and pronuncition

Date: Sep 25 2007

Topic: Pronunciation

Author: foudel

Lesson

• Talk to yourself
    Talk about anything and everything. Do it in the privacy of your own home. If you can't do this at first, try reading out loud until you feel comfortable hearing your own voice in English.

• Record your own voice
    This might feel very uncomfortable, but it will help you find your weak pronunciation points. Listen to yourself a few days later. Which sounds do you have difficulty hearing?

• Use the telephone.

• Participate in class

• Learn common idioms

• Understand the sounds that your language doesn't have
    For example, many languages don't have the "r" sound. These sounds require extra practice.

• Recognize that teachers are trained to understand you
    When you get out into the real world, average people will have a more difficult time understanding you unless you practise speaking slowly and with proper pronunciation.

• Practise minimal pairs

• Study word and sentence stress

• Practice tongue twisters

Comments

Deyw

Deyw

Brazil

it really helped me … thanks!

05:09 PM Aug 29 2009 |

infiniti123

India

The biggest problem most people face in learning a new language is their own fear. They worry that they won't say things correctly or that they will look stupid so they don't talk at all. Don't do this. The fastest way to learn anything is to do it again and again until you get it right. Like anything, learning English requires practice.Try learning new words and use them in your daily conversions.

I recommend you to check www.vocabularybuilding.org. Its a great site, contains lots of words, learning videos and tips as well.

06:32 PM Jun 15 2009 |

1 person likes this

marwa_fj

marwa_fj

United Arab Emirates

I like when you say about recording the voice  . we can realize the difference between now and before. indeed it is perfect way . Thank you for this enjoyable lesson!!!

08:01 PM May 29 2009 |

ZOOM78

Egypt

thank u good tips

03:27 PM Mar 04 2009 |

bahar_bmb1970

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

i try to talk with my daugther or some of my friends some ime with my brother becaus he like english too

08:34 PM Apr 17 2008 |

Casiol

Casiol

Malaysia

i did record my own voice and talk to my own self…hhahaha i know it sounds crazyLaughing i think it's the best way of improving both your language and your pronunciationCool

09:58 AM Mar 23 2008 |

SijoAntony

India

04:04 PM Mar 09 2008 |

Aecee_05

Philippines

it is very nice when somebody advice u n give  some tips on how u improve ur languages in speakening english…good job ms foudel…

07:04 AM Feb 29 2008 |

Jeff

Jeff

China

thank you

01:57 AM Jan 06 2008 |

Jackchen

China

Thanks for the methd of  speaking and pronuncition.i think it's very usefull.

01:26 PM Sep 30 2007 |

Likes (8):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast