Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Who is the greatest person in history?

posya.ua

posya.ua

Ukraine

Hello people,

A few months ago there in Ukraine has started project 'Great Ukrainians'. This is voting for the most important human, who had some influence or has made some benefit to Ukraine. As for me I have many such a great. They are writers: T.Shevchenko, M.Khvilioviy, I.Franko; hetmans: B.Hmelnickiy, Vishneveckiy; and commanders 
of Ukrainian Insurgent Army: Stepan Bandera and Roman Shuhevich. It's a pity but for many Ukrainians they are like  Hitler in Germany.

So, I'd like to hear who is the greatest person for you in your or world history. And it will be good to know Ukrainians' opinion about people who I've mention above.

01:59 PM Dec 17 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

cute-guy2008

Kuwait

defintly prophet Mohammmed

and every single charcter of his personality and shape is known and written in books

I beleive there is no another one who is all what he said is wriiten in books up to date

12:27 PM Dec 24 2007 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

Mohammad 

DIWAN CHAND SHARMA wrote:

"Muhammad was the soul of kindness, and his influence was felt and never forgotten by those around him." 

(D.C. Sharma, THE PROPHETS OF THE EAST, Calcutta, 1935, pp. 12)

06:52 PM Dec 25 2007 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

Mohammad

LAMAR TINE,

The renowned historian:

“If greatness of purpose, smallness of means and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could dare to compare any great man in modern history with Muhammad?”

06:59 PM Dec 25 2007 |

nuga85

nuga85

Saudi Arabia

definetly The Prophet MOHAMMED peace be upon him .

Also I King Abdullah the saudi king and sheikh mohammed bin rashed al maktoom

also my mother has agreat influence in my life ….. and so are you …your parents have a massive influence in your lives

would you agree with me

thanks al;ot Kiss

11:28 PM Dec 25 2007 |

surena

surena

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Cyrus the great who wrote the first humanity laws."hassan sabah" or "The God of Alamut","abu muslim e khorasani" "mazdak","Babak" persian national heros.JohnF.Nash.Jr the mathematician and Albert schweitzer.

06:08 PM Apr 23 2008 |

yosef25

yosef25

Morocco

There are a lot! but i think the prophet Mohammed is the greatest! after Mohammed i can mention Adam, Tarik ibn Ziad, Massinisa, Yuba, Che Guevara, and Abd Lakrim khatabi.

08:05 PM Apr 23 2008 |

Cumhur

Cumhur

Turkey

of course Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

09:01 PM Apr 23 2008 |

LearnSmart

Venezuela

Albert Einstein

--

Proud Student of Open English 

09:03 PM Apr 23 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Robert James Peterson, of Wilmington Delaware.

He will save the world from destruction in 2015.  

11:37 PM Apr 23 2008 |

roshandel

roshandel

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

The Best teacher of the World

• Prophet Mohammad

08:57 PM May 06 2008 |