Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Who is the greatest person in history?

posya.ua

posya.ua

Ukraine

Hello people,

A few months ago there in Ukraine has started project 'Great Ukrainians'. This is voting for the most important human, who had some influence or has made some benefit to Ukraine. As for me I have many such a great. They are writers: T.Shevchenko, M.Khvilioviy, I.Franko; hetmans: B.Hmelnickiy, Vishneveckiy; and commanders 
of Ukrainian Insurgent Army: Stepan Bandera and Roman Shuhevich. It's a pity but for many Ukrainians they are like  Hitler in Germany.

So, I'd like to hear who is the greatest person for you in your or world history. And it will be good to know Ukrainians' opinion about people who I've mention above.

01:59 PM Dec 17 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

MIG

Russian Federation

no it's albert hoffman

06:55 PM Dec 17 2007 |

springwell

springwell

Saudi Arabia

Muhammed is the greatest person in history

06:57 PM Dec 17 2007 |

Dubai,Jewels

United Arab Emirates

Muhammed صلى الله عليه وسلم

and jewels who is me Laughing

08:28 PM Dec 17 2007 |

~Lara~

~Lara~

Saudi Arabia

our prophet "Muhammed" peace be upon him

10:50 PM Dec 17 2007 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

Muhammad

MAHATMA GANDHI ,,,Speaking on the character of Muhammad (pbuh) says in YOUNG INDIA:

n      "I wanted to know the best of one who holds today's undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind..

n       I became more than convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life.

11:12 PM Dec 19 2007 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

Muhammad 

MICHAEL H. HART in his book on Ratings of Men He ranked Mohammed first in the list,  who contributed towards the benefit and uplift of mankind:

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels."  

(M.H. Hart, THE 100: A RANKING OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PERSONS IN HISTORY, New York, 1978, p. 33)

11:26 PM Dec 19 2007 |

hennoune

hennoune

Mauritania

the greatest person in history is Muhammed peace be upon him

09:08 AM Dec 24 2007 |

basoma

basoma

Oman

the greatest person in history is prophet MOHAMMAD. He is the best one in this world and no one is better than him eventhough these days or next million years.

09:24 AM Dec 24 2007 |

basoma

basoma

Oman

the greatest person in history is prophet MOHAMMAD. He is the best one in this world and no one is better than him eventhough these days or next million years.

basoma

basoma

Oman