Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

how do you spend you wage of the first month?

zifenglingme

China

how do you spend you wage of the  first month? give to parents, or thank people who help you, or buy something you want,and so on?

08:25 AM Sep 05 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

rocky219

rocky219

Canada

well, that depends on your priorities. if you are single and do not have someone to think about, then, probably, you will spend your salary on something that will make you happy. perhaps, any material thing that you think you will need for your daily survival.

i spent my first month salary ('twas 22 years ago LOL) for a baby clothes and other stuff. i was pregnant then when i received my first month salary.

so, it really depends on the need of the person earning.

12:53 AM Sep 06 2006 |

zifenglingme

China

thanks for your reply, I just want to know how to deal with this things.

12:48 AM Sep 07 2006 |

lemonxu

China

5 years ago ,i have chanec to singapore for training,then  i only 18years old ,the salary only 350singapore dollars,in there didn't family member,i only call my mother ,i feel very happy ,i buy platinum necklace for mother and me .so spend all the money.

07:58 AM Sep 08 2006 |

gun070

gun070

China

Several days ago I just got my first month salary, but I feel not so excited. and I accompanied my friend to KFC. The food there is terrible—I think so since 18. I am a green-hand.

Also, it's my first time here. Glad to meet you. I want to buy a DC maybe next month. The first month salary : I also want to buy someting for my mum. That's all. Thank you! 

09:38 AM Sep 08 2006 |

mrcuong

mrcuong

Viet Nam

hi you . i agree with rocky219 ,it's depend on each person , how will you do with your fisrt salary ,zifenlingme ?

for me , i got 1000 Euro at the first time , so i spent 100 E to buy parfume for my mother and my little young sister .and bought a gift for my girlfriend .finally all my money left , i spent for eating and going restaurant with my girlfriend

10:10 AM Sep 09 2006 |

zifenglingme

China

I don't know. At first I think I have to keep enough money to have dinner for me and my little brother, of course I have keep some to pay for rents. then, if I still have some left , I will buy some gift to thank my teacher and friends who have been help me before.

01:52 AM Sep 11 2006 |