Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

International love:for&against

Olchen

Olchen

Russian Federation

Hi everybody! I'm new here. I'm from Russia. I'm writing a book about international love. It will be a love story about australian man and russian girl. What do u think about it? Is it possible to find your love on another part of a globe and make serious relationship? Or it's just a dream? Are people ready to give up their motherland? May be u have some experience…Let's speak about this!

05:00 PM Sep 26 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

jaime0831

jaime0831

Philippines

it all boils down to us,being sensible himan beings,we can always meet half way to settle confusions about culture and others that tend us to view that this kind of relationship is impossible..at the end of the day..it's just about two people who are in love..and how far are they willing to take it..

12:48 AM Oct 01 2006 |

jaime0831

jaime0831

Philippines

good point.

we made the walls that divide us and if we have to overcome that wall then it's not impossible…

life is too short to miss the things that you think would make you happy and complete..for the very reason that you two, are different

12:52 AM Oct 01 2006 |

SoulSugar

SoulSugar

Austria

Hi there. I'm from Austria and my boyfriend from South-Africa. We're together for nearly three years now and we're having a great time. I met him when he was here on holiday for a year and after a time he moved into my flat. He taught me to speak English and even though it's sometimes hard to express yourself we're getting along very well. He invited me to his country several times, we lived in his parents house, and I wouldn't want to miss the wonderful experience I made. I'm absolutely for international love even though it's not always easy if someone's not available for such a long time. But in the end, if it's true love, it's gonna work out somehow anyway.

06:55 PM Jan 27 2007 |

Lonely

Lonely

United Arab Emirates

International love… Maybe it's possible to happen. For me it's happen for one time and I will not repeat it again. It's started from chatting center then during the msn messenger. I accept him to improve my English. We were talked every day for about 3 – 4 hours. He Insist to put my picture and I did. Then his talking turns from learning English to love and other things like dreaming on me. I wasn't like him and I wasn't having such interesting feeling toward him. Anyway, I tried the hardest to break up with him. I told him that I don't love him and a lot of harsh and tough words but nothing is worked. He was preparing for a trip to my country to ask my father for encaging with me. I don't know how stupid he was. I don't know how he wants to marry from a girl that she doesn't like him. To end this story, I told him about an actor that most of my relative say that I am seems like her. What I told him actually is that the picture which he saw is for her not for me. He become angry and left me ALONE. Thank God, I lived in peace.  I want to add a note for people who is adding me in there list. I will not at all put a picture for me in anywhere. If you saw any real pictures you have to know that it's not return to me. "It's for an actor". Believing that or not is going to you.

11:57 AM Jan 28 2007 |

Binzyan

Binzyan

China

I think international love could be acceptable.The most important thing is that they really love each other!

12:05 PM Apr 09 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

i am against….the couple need to communicate but language is obstacle in their marriage, and cultures are so different that frictions will happen….....

01:08 PM Apr 27 2007 |

devindernagpal

India

why not love is always existential…why can't we love…?

02:19 AM Dec 13 2007 |