Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

International love:for&against

Olchen

Olchen

Russian Federation

Hi everybody! I'm new here. I'm from Russia. I'm writing a book about international love. It will be a love story about australian man and russian girl. What do u think about it? Is it possible to find your love on another part of a globe and make serious relationship? Or it's just a dream? Are people ready to give up their motherland? May be u have some experience…Let's speak about this!

05:00 PM Sep 26 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Nataliya

Nataliya

Ukraine

Hello. It should be very interesting to  write about it. Are you writer ? Are these people real? that you are writing about? I met my husband while working as a translator for a marriage agency. he is from USA. I love him, really. And I know he loves me very much. So I am sure it is just as true and possible as day and night. Smile I live here with him. At first I was afraid to leave my country and come here so far away. Yes it was my dilemma. But he told me that if I couldn't leave my country, he would come to Ukraine and would live there with me. And even now when we live in USA he asked me several times about whether I wanted  us to move to Ukraine. So I know I am safe and understood whatever may happen.

So good luck with your book. Smile

05:32 PM Sep 26 2006 |

Olchen

Olchen

Russian Federation

It seems to be strange but at first i wanted to call my heroine Natalia. :))) But then i chose Irina 'cause i like australian pronounciation [airina] of this name. As u know in russian it's different. I'm not a writer, I'm just learning.Wink I'm not a wizard I’m just learning… Hope u remember )) I’m studying in SPb in Herzen University and I’m… gonna be a teacher…… of English!! ;))) Those people r real. I know Dunkan. He’s cool guy but his life in Russia makes him really mad. He just doesn’t understand us. As everybody… Cool)) u know what I mean.

How much do u live together? Was it difficult to get used to American way of life? They r so different! What was your relatives’ attitude to your decision? And what about American English? (I’m gonna make a computer program which will be teaching both languages: AmE & BrE) Your story is perfect material and I’m really interested in it. I heard a lot about such ‘USA-SNG-marriages’ but I’ve never communicated with anyone who emigrated. Here is my e-mail: <mailto:>

TbI o4eHb cMe/\aja, Natasha! Takue /\|-0du kak TbI MeHja BdoxHoBlia|-0T. Spasibo!!

05:32 PM Sep 27 2006 |

Olchen

Olchen

Russian Federation

U 2 Dove

05:34 PM Sep 27 2006 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

Well, I do not have any experience to share with you, I am just trying to say some thoughts here. Love can happen between two ppl, no matter where they are from, how old they are, what race they are, so there is no doubt that there are so many international marriages.

Like any relationship, there are many cases of successful international relationship, there are many cases of unsuccessful international relationship. Honest, passion, love, compromise, trust, etc are necessary for any relationships, just you need to put more efforts into the international relationship if you want to make it work. This is because the things are tougher for two ppl who may come from totally different countries, they are facing more potential conflicts when it comes to religions, behaviours, custom, mind-set…if they are so aware of the difference between them, and are willing to do everything to make their relationship work, then the power of love can make miracles.

In a word, international relationship is much tougher, but it can work, if only you put your whole heart into it, and yep, wish you luck, sometimes we have to admit, love can not solve all problems… Love with all of you :-)

08:37 AM Sep 28 2006 |

Olchen

Olchen

Russian Federation

Thank u a lot, sherryleio. It was beautiful and wise. It was wonderful. It was great. And it was really far from reality. It was as at the cinema. But anyway let’s believe in miracle! =)

04:34 PM Sep 28 2006 |

bjoosta

bjoosta

Poland

I think people from different countries- if they want decided to be togheter- must be true warriors! It isn't for cowards, because it isn't easy. They both must have in their hearts plenty of love, not only for each other, also for others who can doubt that it'll succeed. 

05:52 PM Sep 28 2006 |

xxian_shu8899

China

i am very agree international love .i do wish i have such experience someday,some girl want to have a boyfriend from china,tell me.i am young ,handsome,strong.

11:41 AM Sep 29 2006 |

Indiagitana

Brazil

Well, international love IS possible. I've been in a serious relationship with a man from The Netherlands for 5 years and 3 months. We met in Brazil (not throught the internet). Both of us travelling all the time to se each other(what make things double tough). I chose not to leave Brazil, at least at this point of my life, because I'm in the last semestre of University. He's the one who have always wanted to live in Brazil, and, despite thousands of difficulties, he is coming to stay in my country by December. Whether it will work out forever, no-one knows because nobody can be sure of this in any love relashionship. The important is to balance mind and heart and let things find its way. I mean, live this love if this is what pleasing you and, like someone said some posts ago (hihi), do no even pay attention to those who keep telling you how crazy you might be for being in such a relationship, ok?Wink

"Kusjes", (Kisses in Dutch - Hehe…)

03:48 PM Sep 29 2006 |

luobin..&.

China

it's seem that the international love is romantic/but there are some problems which we cann't advoid, frist of all,the lovers cann't understand each other very well, especially on culture.

12:45 PM Sep 30 2006 |

vitayou

United States

if you are true,yours are the true,too,so i think love can solve all problems.

02:40 PM Sep 30 2006 |