Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you know what you stand for?

jaiteh

jaiteh

Gambia

know your self

I’ll call it what I stand for.

Ok do you remember that part in superman? It was the first major piece of action in the film and had us all sitting on the edge of our seats- great escapism. As the last lead breaks Lois Phimmets to what has to certain death- stirring music heralds the arrivals of the hero. Superman grasps Lois saying: Don’t worry I’ve got you. She frantically, at her apartment, Lois asks in a much more familiar way: “Ok supe, what do you stand for? Without even blinking an eye he responds; Truth, justice and the American way.” Lois, a journalist, almost disbelievingly follows with. “You’re kidding”. To which superman replies without hesitation. “Lois, I never lie”.

Not only does he state his values and what he stands for but, he also stands by them immediately.

Again do you know what you stand for?
If you were woken up in the middle of the night and ask what you stood for could you answer?

Do you know what you want in life and what direction to take? How important to know what we are seems like a good starting point, doesn’t it?

So who are you, if your name were to entered in a dictionary, how would you want it to be define your self?

Now don’t panic and say: Oh hell, I don’t even know who I am? Because I can tell you that you do know who you are. You can come up with the right answer.

We can determine our identities by judging our own actions, but have to aware of what we do.

Now, I’ve got to say this.

Only by self study and self observation: can we be made to realize who we are. 

12:32 PM Feb 16 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Yuliashka

Yuliashka

Ukraine

well..i can say that u wrote here too much=)

10:03 AM Feb 19 2008 |