Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Marriage is prostitution...

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

If the base of marriage is a contract  it is definitly organised prostitutioin… what is prostitution…it is a contract between a couple where man/woman pays/gifts something in order to allow other for the use of his /her body.. & in marriage if man agrees to woman to meet the needs of woman,to care the the kids of produce of sex.. if it is agreement it is certainly long term prostitution.. just with the difference of pereiod..

If marriage is based upon the basis of love it has different dimension.. where a couple lives together not because of needs but for sharing.. it is different story.

03:29 AM Mar 07 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

yana011

yana011

Philippines

LMFAO! sweet and kana missed the knee thingy!

well since when did marriage is prostitution? 

01:47 PM Mar 10 2008 |

sweet10hearts

Philippines

Hahaha..yana where have you been? Have not seen you for quite awhile…those knees thingy??...hahaha…there will be another session for that..but i guess a new thingy….don't you think so?   Tongue out

09:47 PM Mar 10 2008 |

sweet10hearts

Philippines

Yeah sure…i am game for that…...  hahahah…what a momma i am…..well…...ladies have to exit for a moment have to go for a jog to keep fit….Wink.  see ya soon. 

09:57 PM Mar 10 2008 |

hight

hight

Serbia and Montenegro

...marriage is not prostitution…not nowadays….. no one cant force a woman to get married..or have sex..that would be violence, and that's another story…but if a couple does get married, that's because they wantthat… and usually…they both want sex…. woman need sex as much as man do… they just don't talk about it so much…. so…there's no prostitution in marriage… you have sex if you both want it, married or not…. and if you get married, thats, among other things, such feelings etc….thats because you both want sex…..

another story was hundreds years ago in some cultures, when parents gave their daughters away….without caring abouth her wishes…... that might be viewed as a form of prostitution…but modern marriage is not that way….

10:16 AM Mar 11 2008 |

happy0000

Morocco

i agree with u hight

mohamed from morocco

11:03 PM Mar 18 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

dev, you are right if we talk  about love as the only acceptable reason for being married.marriage is a free area to experience love and sex. but it would shock most of us if the wife  wanted to be paid  to give her body.some people  are materialists. they do not have relations until they have something to win. but  others do  sex because they  think it's an obligation since they are married.i won't call it prostitution.i'll rather call it self disrespect.

07:35 PM Jun 11 2008 |

yaris83

yaris83

United Kingdom

devindernagpal that's  a new madness, but you will have a lot of answers, congratulations

08:24 PM Jun 11 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Yaris83,

But you have not posted your views,try to be a part of of my madness.

12:49 AM Jun 13 2008 |

yaris83

yaris83

United Kingdom

Dear devindernagpal 

I have always evade such topics because my english possibilities too poor to  defend the argument, but today i decided to do my best.

your comparaison betwen marriage and prostitution  is contrary to reason and instinct  because prostitution is a  "casual sex"  and sometimes referred to as "Name instant sex"  expression of the separation of sex from Value.

Casual sex (son of the moment wish achieved and not beyond) expresses human desire to satisfy his sexual desire at any time with any person, outside the framework of any synthetic humane individual or any emotions or sense of tranquillity, and outside the framework of values and moral and social ideals.

Casual sex reflects the indifference of any humane values of an internal or private individual, "which this resembles in  takeaway food", The sexual contact will be  without  interesting in the emotions of the other or any other goal than direct physical pleasure  emergency,

The source of legitimacy (or value if you like) in this kind of sex, the efficiency of the person  on in the physical performance and its success in achieving pleasure for himself and for another, or another as much as to achieve the same.

in the other hand marriage is agreement. It is not a matter which can be taken lightly. It should be entered into with total commitment and full knowledge of what it involves. It is not like buying a new dress where you can exchange it if you don't like it. Your partner should be your choice for life. One should be mature enough to understand the demands of marriage so that the union can be a lasting one. For a marriage to be valid certain conditions must be met.

It is a social necessity because through marriage, families are established and the family is the fundamental unit of our society. Furthermore, marriage is the only legitimate way to indulge in intimacy between a man and a woman.

So I understand from your horrible confusion between  marriage and prostitution hat you're turning your family that you grew up into a house of prostitutiontaht, it mean you consider your mother as a whore.

conversely,as logical as I grew up in a social institution in a spirit of love and dignity.  

12:05 PM Jun 15 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Yaris83,

An open mind & heart is required to understand this very hard fact.We lack the courage & honesty,so it becomes difficult to understand.We see what we are taught to see,We lack our own insight.

Status of prostitution ?

It is not legalised & condemned as much as could be.Then why it still exists,every government ,every religion call it bad but still it exists.It is legalised through the back door.Can you find any man who don't have some religion & no religion allows prostitution,so which are the persons who visits there.All persons who visit ther are religious as for as our social setup says.

Which government don't know that prostitution is happening ,so why it is not closed ?

It is happening in our knowledge so it is accepted & we can't escape from our responsiblity,we have silent consent for that.

It is just because that we are hypocrite & we talk in public against it but in night we visit prostitutes.

What is prostitution ?

It is a contract between a man & woman in which woman allows man to use her body for sex or love ,for a limited period against some benefit.

Just apply these conditions to our legalised marriage 7 see what happens !

1. Marriage is an contact between a man & woman.. I think first condition is fullfilled .

2.Woman allows use of her body.. this condition is also fullfilled.

3.In prostitution time is limited but in marriage it is for the whole of the life,this is the same with just a little difference of duration of time.

4.Woman is benefitted,in both cases woman gets benefits,woman gets security & her needs are met by the husband.

In all technically they are same.

Now let's see the things through your eyes ! 

Casual sex .. You know one can get divorce on the grounds that his/her partner can not or does not satisfy his her spouse.It means that woman as well as man has to cpmpromise their spouse,if one has desire of sex it is the responsiblity of the other to help him.What you will call it ? Is it not casual sex.

Love should be the base of marriage,which could not be guranted. Nobody can see in future & say that he shall love his/her partner for the whole of the life.

Unfortunately we don't consider 'LOVE' be the base of marriage.We want to keep hold our partner for whole of the life time. We don't feel love to be most urgent ingradient of a marrige.Just see your own posting,you talked about legalisation ,society,enjoyment,moral values & a lot but you have not used word 'love' for the single time.This is the condition of our mind & we say that we are 'humans'.

This is that dress which we can't think of change or even wash & clean.It may cause stagnentation ,bad smell but we can't cean it.

There is no confusion at all .& it is the situation of every family ,my mother & your mother are different from this type of situation,mother is a mother your & mine same thing.

You don't know difference between ego & dignity,both look similer.

Casual sex is a crime against existence & it often happenas more in marriage  than prostituion.But we are not aware of it & we don't want to accept it's presence in our life.

Love should be the only criteria for sex.

05:11 PM Jun 15 2008 |