Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What's the meaning of your username?

chamo41

chamo41

China

Hi,friends! What's the meaning of your username? :P

As you see, my username is chamo, it means tea dust. I like green tea very much, and my hometown Hangzhou is a famous city in China for producing green tea called "dragon well tea" . That's the reason. :)

I'm looking forward to your explains of your usernames.:) 

04:04 PM Nov 04 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

bigmama

bigmama

Spain

Hello chamo ! Smile

Ohh, I never imagined the meaning of your nick. It's really interesting.

My kids call me "gran mama" (bigmama). I also like blues very much and Rhythm & Blues (R&B) Big Mama Thornton was a blues singer. So this nick is really meaningful for me.

I'm eagering to know about other members nick.

04:49 PM Nov 04 2006 |

firefox

firefox

China

I give me the name just beacuse I am using Firefox Browser. I feel it is better than IE

03:41 AM Nov 05 2006 |

Unforgiven_06

Turkey

My nick is coming from the greates song of "Metallica". I'm a fan of them and this song is one of my favourites.

Smile 

08:48 AM Nov 05 2006 |

Cong Lan

Cong Lan

Germany

Hi there, my nickname is my name.

11:12 AM Nov 05 2006 |

forrestluo

Germany

Forrest part is caming from the film Forrest Gump, Luo is my family name.

Is there anybody in here like Forrest Gump??

02:36 AM Nov 06 2006 |

loveme123

loveme123

India

I want to love you and to be loved. So is my nicknameKiss

11:16 AM Nov 06 2006 |

youngstar

youngstar

Nigeria

In my secondary school days, I nicknamed myself the "youngstar" meaning a clever and brilliant person also known as a "chap". That time people were jealous of the name so I remove "star" and go by the name "young". I fell in love with the name and almost every body that I know calls me "young" including my family. I am planning to adopt it as one of my names.

11:36 AM Nov 06 2006 |

cr1221

cr1221

China

cr1221    c:christian;  r;rebecca; 1221;it is my birthday.so my nickname is cr1221. 

01:09 PM Nov 06 2006 |

zars

zars

Mexico

Well, my nickname is a shortcut for my real surname I really love it. Since I adopted it few years ago I've been using it and now a lot of people know me as Zars.

03:06 PM Nov 06 2006 |

glaeken

glaeken

Philippines

glaeken is a name of a character in a book which ive read a thousand of times. ever since i've adopted the name ever since. Used it online in various sites.

01:39 AM Nov 08 2006 |