Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

something about TIBET

louisa_happy

China

Nowadays,many of you are showing concern for Tibet affair. I know I can’t seek unity of everyone’s thinking. But I think that your opinions should be refferred to history ,facts…I just wanna give you some information about Tibet.

There’s no doubt that Tibet is a part of  China. This is a fact which can date back to thousands of years ago. After the People’s Republic of China was founded,there was an agreement,in which the government promised that the costom of Tibet would always be respected,the freedom to believe in a religion would also be protected,and it’s an autonomous region….the government promised,and they really did so. People live in Tibet really enjoy a happy life there,as you can see.

But the uprising was broke out in March 14th,just by very a few people who led by 达赖(I can  not find the english name…) In fact, after their rebellion failed in 1959, they run away from their homes. But they are not reconciled to lose their feudal privilege in Tibet,never…They are waiting for the chance to break out…

“2008 seems to be the most important year,maybe it’s their last chance because of the Olympic Games.”—<TIBET DAILY>

达赖 appealled some countries,when they deal with China,combine Tibet affair with Olympics. That’s their intrigue.

Also,our Primier said that 2008 maybe the hardest time for China during all these years. That’s right,why 达赖 choose this time to break out the uprising? That’s obvious,because that the government faces a more serious problem—Taiwan. What’s more,some torrorisms happened. Just a few days ago,three women with weapons planned to hijack a plane which was flying for beijing. Do you know what they were going to do? They were trying to hit the gymnasium of Olympic Games just want to cause another ‘911’!!  Luckly,they failed. I am so shocked and worried…why they did so?

Independent or not,depends on the common people’s opinions in Tibet,not just for someone’s privilege. As I know,most people in Tibet do not support 达赖,they just want a peaceful life like they have now,and Tibet as an autonomous region of China.

In any case,I believe in my country strongly,I’m sure that we will overcome all of these difficulties. And the 2008 Olympic Games will be a success.

05:07 AM Mar 19 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

louisa_happy

China

thanks Blakerieger

and markchina,our government had stated that Olymipics should keep separeted from politics,they said that Olymipc Games ceremonial fire transmission won't change when it come to Tibet today…

another thing,i will tell you that there's a school 'Tibet national middle school' near my school,in fact their building is just inside my school.everyday i can see them playing on their playground,sometimes we have meal in the same restaurant.just today,now,they come to my school to have a  activity with us.most of them are Tibetans,this school is set by Tibetan too.

so why they have this school here in this place if they agree with dalai?why they have activities with us in our school if they want to be 'foreigners'?

well,what we said makes no sense to our policies,i can't,you can't either…

05:33 AM Mar 20 2008 |

louisa_happy

China

thanks Blakerieger

and markchina,our government had stated that Olymipics should keep separeted from politics,they said that Olymipc Games ceremonial fire transmission won't change when it come to Tibet today…

another thing,i will tell you that there's a school 'Tibet national middle school' near my school,in fact their building is just inside my school.everyday i can see them playing on their playground,sometimes we have meal in the same restaurant.just today,now,they come to my school to have a  activity with us.most of them are Tibetans,this school is set by Tibetan too.

so why they have this school here in this place if they agree with dalai?why they have activities with us in our school if they want to be 'foreigners'?

well,what we said makes no sense to our policies,i can't,you can't either…

05:33 AM Mar 20 2008 |

louisa_happy

China

well.mark,you are ridiculous to me too!!

you just believe what dalai lama said.yes he is tibetan,but he is not all,he cannot stand for tibet!!!

'that might be the truest thing you've written'—-what is the truth?is that all dalai lama said is true?don't you think that's so ridiculous?

'han in one part of town'

yeah,that's because that we have different culture.china is big family with 55 minority nationalities.we live with them in some parts,not all.is there any questions?can this be the evidence?

ha~it seems that not so many people are insterested in this topic,only three people…as well,many countries are neutral at this point.why?because it's inner contradiction of china!!!

08:45 AM Mar 20 2008 |

aileench

aileench

China

Ok, this is my last talk on Tibet topic. As we have discussed many times on this issue, Im tired of persuading you guys. Im gonna say nothing more as I still insist my opion.

As some people's mind are deeply misled by the Dalai Lama and western media, Louisa, come on, you can stop also, just leave them alone.

09:07 AM Mar 20 2008 |

xmh

xmh

China

Dalai Lama cheated Tibetan through faith , local  Tibetan can not gain any benefits,but Dalai Lama can

12:51 PM Mar 20 2008 |

lclakers

China

I think the government can solve the problem.We trust our goverment.

12:59 PM Mar 20 2008 |

lclakers

China

If the government can make most people live in its country satisfied,it is a good government.

lclakers

China

Mark,our government is great,it try its best to make people living in China live better.Why do you alway focous on China and scold the government which is loved by most people in China?Is your country perfect?Why do they spent so much money on war in while there are so many people badly need help?

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Regardless of Tibet, I must say that it is a dangerous thing for anyone to have too much faith in their government. Power corrupts. We must be vigilant or else those who rule us will take advantage of our credibility. Believe me, Americans have learned this lesson all too well.

01:16 AM Mar 21 2008 |

louisa_happy

China

well,aileench,yes,i am tired of this topic….

endless…....

sometimes i think that i am ridiculous that why i argue with you at this point which is an undoubted fact?

now,again and it's the last:

so far,nearly 200 people in tibet has surrendered themselves to justice because of  the uprising;

mark,your government want to hold talks with dalai lama,are you world police?

dalai just want to make troubles for china to hold 2008 olympic games.he win the support of some countries.these countries always regard china as a menace…if he succeed in making it a hell of a mess,he will usurp potical power if tibet and get the feudal privilege.what he had done have nothing to do with most tibetans…

at last i just wanna say:good luck tibet

good luck beijing

good luck china

end

05:02 AM Mar 21 2008 |