Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what do you think about TURKEY and TURKISH PEOPLE...??

beratahmet

beratahmet

Turkey

turkish people are very brave and turkey is one of the pest place to live in the world…peacifull….i think what do u think…:)

09:07 PM Mar 30 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

m&au

m&au

Turkey

Turkey is really nicecountry with all part . u have to visit once then u will want to com again .) 

09:36 AM Oct 17 2010 |

Della/Derya

Canada

I love Turkish people, the true Turks.  I have friends from Turkey and they are the best people I have ever met.  Good values, good up bringing, love familyi, good religion and to me just nicest people ever.  I wish one day I will marry my Turkish boyfriend and leave Canada and go back to Turkey with him.

Beautiful Country and Beautiful People.

Derya

06:04 PM Dec 04 2010 |

smileatme

Germany

I visited Turkey twice. Once when i was six n later when i turnd 24. Not much changed from that time, or maybe i was so little so dont remember much. Turkey is indeed so much fun if you seek for a busy night life. People are indeed very friendly, but some of them(i mean men) are the way too much clingy especially if you are woman. That’s can be tiring if you kinda want some peace for your head n prefer strangers not to bother you much. About Turkish women. I agree, they are very beautiful, n comparing to many toursists(british, german, russian) who come to Turkey, they are not cheap, have their own style n what’s the mst important – sense of dignity.Someone might find turkish man very sexy, n the girls n old women who seek for some kind of romance always can find it wz turks. Once i saw an old brirish woman (at the age of 40) who was flirted by a good looking Turk :) SO anyone who seeks for such kind of advantures can find in Turkey :)In general Turkey is good place wz nice service for lil money!!

10:51 AM Jun 28 2011 |

sibby724

sibby724

Taiwan

Turkish men love to flirt. (or thats all men’s habbit?? lol)

I dont know, a turkish guy asked me for a marrige.

we only met for one week, he’s insane.

haha

10:08 AM Nov 29 2011 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

stop with all the cheap bla bla bla and talk about the true:

armenian, greek, assyrian genocides, armenian, greek, assyrian genocides denial, kurdish repression, lack of human rights, lack of freedom, nationalism, self-centrism.

04:03 AM Dec 02 2011 |

nananansx

France

SantiagoC  .. What do you know? Ok , they may overacting about them but whats wrong with being over protective about their country. I remember when I was Urugay , non of them were friendly, cold people, at least Turkish ones are warm. I am not saying they are the best but at least better than you think 

10:52 PM Mar 26 2012 |

internationalgirl

United States

@ SantiagoC

“armenian, greek, assyrian genocides, armenian, greek, assyrian genocides denial, kurdish repression, lack of human rights, lack of freedom, nationalism, self-centris”

As a girl who has traveled the world and made an effort to read and learn the history of various countries I am here to tell you you are WRONG. Writing ignorant comments on a forum without legitimate knowledge and sources to back up your jibberish is quite pathetic. You list armenian, greek, conflict, denial, kurds, lack of human rights, lack of freedom, nationalism and self-centrism and I will sit here and talk about how incredibly wrong you are in everything you have said.

When it comes to the Armenians, please please please go open up a book that is not written by neither Turk nor Armenian. Read, read and read some more. Why did the conflict between what was then the Ottoman empire and the Armenian tribes arise? The Armenian tribes located on the EASTERN part of the empire were AIDING the enemy (RUSSIA). They were revolting against the Ottoman empire during the heated times of war. These revolts began the first of many casualties, both Turkish and Armenian. The Ottomans tried to stop the Armenians from assisting the enemy so that they could fight the other big sources in hopes of saving their empire. But what did the eastern armenian tribes do? CONTINUE to try to weaken the empire from within. As a last resort did the Ottoman Empire relocate those Armenians in the east, YES, is that a genocide NO! The definition of genocide is indiscriminantly killing individuals of a particular ethnicity, ethnic cleansing if you will. Well my dear ignorant friend, these Armenian descendants lived ALL THROUGHOUT THE EMPIRE. Isnt it ironic that ONLY armenians in the east were affected by this so called “genocide”??? It what happened was in fact a genocide then wouldnt those in the south, north and western regions of the empire ALSO have been killed? The answer is YES. Did that happen? The answer this time is NO! It was a tragedy for both groups but to humiliate a country with something that really was not a genocide is in itself disgusting. It is time people stop fabricating historical events.

Lets come to the kurds. The issue with the kurds began with the rise of the terrorist group known as PKK. Any smart human being after learning the facts would 100% side with Turkeys actions against the kurds. As a new country, Turkey is forced to stand its ground, to fight relentlessly for her land. The kurds have benefitted from being citizens of Turkey and yet seem to constantly want more and more and more. In their ideal world the Kurds hope to conquer a specific region of Turkey and to then make it their own Republic of Kurds. No before we go any further I just want you to stop reading, think, grasp what I just said and hopefully produce a response like WTF? What country in their right mind would be willing to give a portion of their land to a different ethnic group? The tip of Florida is bombarded with non-white individuals so using the mentality put forth by the Kurds, the non-white American citizens should fight for their right to break off Florida and make it their own non-white  republic. Would this EVER happen? NO! So why the heck should Turkey succumb to such a ridiculous request. I say stay strong Turkey! That land is yours, it is the land of your ancestors, of your great grandfathers, of those who fought passionately in order to provide their lineage a country to live in. This is in a sense why Turkish citizens are so nationalistic. The success of the Turkish Republic was astonishing. Those men had no fear, only passion and a desire to keep their land. Nationalism is nothing to look down upon, it is what makes a country strong, it is what makes a country persevere.

I hope you read this with an open mind and learn that reading and educating yourself is one of the main things that is crucial for our growth and development.

06:19 AM Apr 03 2012 |

komenzi

Turkey

congratulations with the clarification above, it is good to see people who are open-minded and can see the truth.

02:40 PM May 12 2012 |

Kurdo21

Kurdo21

Ireland

@internationalgirl

You are full of rubbish with your made up stories about kurds, armenian actually everything… you probably one of the racist turk or lover or whatever of a turkish man! I’d like to remind some of your own words, that perhaps will ring some bell in you I am here to tell you you are WRONG. Writing ignorant comments on a forum without legitimate knowledge and sources to back up your jibberish is quite pathetic’

01:32 PM Jun 30 2012 |

ff301

ff301

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I’m a little Turkish!!(From my mom)I LOVE Turkey cuz poeple there are AMAZING!!

10:18 AM Jul 02 2012 |