Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Save Israel's Children

gkisseberth

Germany

Save Israel's Children   http://www.saveisraelschildren.com/ is an organization that is trying to help families with children in an Israeli town on the border with Gaza.  Below is from their website.    S'derot: The Challenge S'derot is a small town in the southern part of Israel. The people of S'derot live under constant attack from Arab bombs and missiles. They have been bombarded by over 4,000 missiles to date, causing widespread damage, injuries, trauma, and death. People are frightened, angry, frustrated, and feel hopeless. They are unable to keep up a normal work schedule; their friends and relatives are afraid to attend their simchas; the high schools are intermittently closed, and there is no explanation to give to their children of why they have to live this way.  Jewish Families Respond Jewish families throughout the United States and Canada are standing up to this challenge and opening their homes to the children of S'derot, and other towns subjected to bombings from Israel's enemies. They are offering the stability of a Jewish home, the opportunity to attend school without bomb threats, and a normal, healthy, community atmosphere with other children about. This website is a forum to make the "shidduch" (match), between families wanting to send their children abroad, and families who are willing to provide a temporary "home" for these children, with the understanding that the respective families will make their own arrangements in the best interests of the children, taking into consideration schooling, language, medical insurance, transportation, and communications with their families, etc.   Empower the People   This "people to people" initiative will be the first time this has been done since WWII, when Germany bombed London, and London's children were taken in by families in the countryside, and cared for, until the British defeated the Germans. Israel's government has been unable to bring a halt to this situation for years. It is the mission of this website, and its initiators, to empower people to help themselves. A PEOPLE TO PEOPLE INITIATIVE SAVE THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL

10:23 PM Apr 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

Ryo and Nichol, that group is attempting to protect Israeli children in a town near the Gaza border that has been attacked by thousands of Qassam rockets from Gaza. 

Ryo, I don't understand why you think the USA is trying to "steal" Sudan or South Africa. 

I'm not sure what country you mean by 'majer'  

07:06 PM Apr 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Ryo, I understand what you mean by "steal". I didn't understand why you would say that the USA is trying to steal Sudan or South Africa. (or Majer, though I don't know what country that is)

07:23 PM Apr 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Covet? 

Darford?  Darfur, maybe?   How is the US trying to steal Darfur? 

Neger?   Niger? 

07:40 PM Apr 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Ryo,

Yes, what?    yes Dafur?  The US is trying to steal Darfur?

07:55 PM Apr 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Okay, how?

What is happening that makes you think the US is trying to steal Darfur.

Many people in the US think that our country should be doing MORE to intervene in the genocide that is happening there.  I'd really like to know what's happening there that makes you think the US is trying to steal the country.

08:11 PM Apr 06 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

wow US trying to steal Darfur??

this is the first time I heard this .. rumor.

can you give more explanation of your opinion, Ryo? like the reason and stuffs?

08:18 PM Apr 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Ryo, You can offer no reasons for why you think the US is trying to steal Darfur? No reasons other than some vague statement that it has happened in the past and now? 

Come on, just one thing.

Dignified, did militants in Gaza fire rockets into Israel after Israel withdrew it's soldiers (and indeed forced jewish settlers from their homes) from Gaza?

09:58 PM Apr 06 2008 |

Alebaby

Alebaby

Chile

Hey Greg and Dignified, here in Chile our government decided to accept the petition from the United Nations and recieve 29 palestinian families, they are going to be provided with housing, education and jobs, the first group of refugees arraived today.

I just heard it in the news

Peace,

Ale

01:40 AM Apr 07 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

that's really wonderful, Ale.

01:50 AM Apr 07 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

It's all part of the Master Plan, Mark.

Remember, we give "refuge" to the Palestinians to get them to leave. They get jobs and become accustomed to life in a modern country and never return. 

More land for our Jewish masters!!!  

02:19 AM Apr 07 2008 |