Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Save Israel's Children

gkisseberth

Germany

Save Israel's Children   http://www.saveisraelschildren.com/ is an organization that is trying to help families with children in an Israeli town on the border with Gaza.  Below is from their website.    S'derot: The Challenge S'derot is a small town in the southern part of Israel. The people of S'derot live under constant attack from Arab bombs and missiles. They have been bombarded by over 4,000 missiles to date, causing widespread damage, injuries, trauma, and death. People are frightened, angry, frustrated, and feel hopeless. They are unable to keep up a normal work schedule; their friends and relatives are afraid to attend their simchas; the high schools are intermittently closed, and there is no explanation to give to their children of why they have to live this way.  Jewish Families Respond Jewish families throughout the United States and Canada are standing up to this challenge and opening their homes to the children of S'derot, and other towns subjected to bombings from Israel's enemies. They are offering the stability of a Jewish home, the opportunity to attend school without bomb threats, and a normal, healthy, community atmosphere with other children about. This website is a forum to make the "shidduch" (match), between families wanting to send their children abroad, and families who are willing to provide a temporary "home" for these children, with the understanding that the respective families will make their own arrangements in the best interests of the children, taking into consideration schooling, language, medical insurance, transportation, and communications with their families, etc.   Empower the People   This "people to people" initiative will be the first time this has been done since WWII, when Germany bombed London, and London's children were taken in by families in the countryside, and cared for, until the British defeated the Germans. Israel's government has been unable to bring a halt to this situation for years. It is the mission of this website, and its initiators, to empower people to help themselves. A PEOPLE TO PEOPLE INITIATIVE SAVE THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL

10:23 PM Apr 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

I personally call upon the good people of Israel to open their homes to children in Palestine who are in danger of harm due to the conflict in Gaza and other areas of Israel and Palestine. Give a child in harms way a good home, a safe haven, and help them develop as normal children until the cycle of violence has ended.  

01:40 AM Apr 08 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I'd still like an apology for calling me a racist, Hekmer.

01:41 AM Apr 08 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Hamas is indeed a terrorist group.

Hamas suicide bombers have attacked buses filled with CHILDREN.

04:33 AM Apr 09 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

GOOD JOP MAN YOU ARE GOOD MAN AND I CALL ALL ARABS TO OPEN THIER HOUSES FOR WHO HAD BEEN HURT FROM ISRA'IL CHILDREN LIKE YOU TYPICALY.

11:06 AM Apr 09 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

BUT WHY YOUR CALL WENT AS VERY FAR FROM THE THEIR GOVERNMENT ALTHOUGH I WROTE TO YOU I WOULD WRITE TO HAMMAS AS A PART FROM THE OUR ISLAMIC GOVERNMENT BUT I WAS DROPPING IT FROM MY CALL LIKE YOU DID WITH GOVERNMENT OF ISRA'IL. 

11:13 AM Apr 09 2008 |

LearnSmart

Venezuela

Incredible…

Tens of muslim/arab nations cannot do what 1 jewish state does. That is amazing!

-

Proud Student of Open English 

09:15 PM Apr 09 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

hama attack buses for children???

where did you hear that?

YES, children 

The Haifa bus 37 suicide bombing was a terrorist attack carried out by Palestinian group Hamas. It occurred on March 5, 2003 when a Hamas member from Hebron detonated a bomb hidden underneath his clothes on a bus carrying many children and teenagers on their way back home from school. The bus exploded on Moria Ave., near the neighborhood of Carmeliya, in Haifa. 17 people lost their lives, and 53 were wounded.

Fatalities
  • Kmer Abu Khamed, 12, from Daliyat al Karmel
  • Yuval Mendelevitch, 13, from Haifa
  • Smadar Firstatter, 17, from Haifa
  • Avigail Lietel, 14, from Haifa
  • Asaf Tzur, 16, from Haifa
  • Daniel Harush, 16 , from Safed
  • Tom Hershko, 16, from Haifa, and his father-
  • Motti Hershko, 41, from Haifa
  • Tal Kehrmann, 17, from Haifa
  • Elizabeth (Liz) Katzman, 17, from Haifa
  • Meital Katav, 20, from Haifa
  • Moran Shushan, 20, from Haifa
  • Anatoly Biryakov, 20, from Haifa
  • Be'eri Ovad, 21 , from Rosh Pina
  • Eliyahu Laham, 22, from Haifa
  • Miriam Atar, 27, from Haifa
  • Mark Takash, 54, from Haifa

On August 19, 2003, a Palestinian suicide bomber of Hamas' Hebron cell, apparently disguised as a Haredi Jew, detonated himself on a No. 2 Egged bus in Jerusalem's Shmuel Hanavi neighborhood. The double-length bus was crowded with Orthodox Jewish children coming back from the Western Wall. The huge explosion caused lethal damage, killing seven children and 16 adult civilians, and wounding over 130 people. The bomb was spiked with ball-bearings designed to increase injuries on the crowded bus. The Islamic militant group Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack and identified the attacker as a 29-year-old mosque preacher from the West Bank city of Hebron.

The victims
  • Avraham Bar-Or, 12, of Jerusalem.
  • Binyamin Bergman, 15, of Jerusalem.
  • Yaakov Binder, 50, of Jerusalem.
  • Feiga Dushinski, 50, of Jerusalem.
  • Miriam Eisenstein, 20, of Bnei Brak.
  • Lilach Kardi, 22, of Jerusalem.
  • Menachem Leibel, 24, of Jerusalem.
  • Elisheva Meshulami, 16, of Bnei Brak.
  • Tehilla Nathanson, 3, of Zichron Ya'acov.
  • Chava Nechama Rechnitzer, 19, of Bnei Brak.
  • Mordechai Reinitz, 49, and his son:
  • Issachar Reinitz, 9, of Netanya.
  • Maria Antonia Reslas, 39, of the Philippines.
  • Liba Schwartz, 54, of Jerusalem.
  • Hanoch Segal, 65, of Bnei Brak.
  • Goldie Taubenfeld, 43,
  • and Shmuel Taubenfeld, 3 months, of New Square, New York.
  • Rabbi Eliezer Weisfish, 42, of Jerusalem.
  • Shmuel Wilner, 50, of Jerusalem.
  • Shmuel Zargari, 11 months, of Jerusalem.
  • Fruma Rahel Weitz, 73, of Jerusalem died of her wounds on August 23.
  • Mordechai Laufer, 27, of Netanya died of his wounds on September 5.
  • Tova Lev, 37, of Bnei-Brak died of her wounds on September 12.

10:35 PM Apr 09 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

o kill a child any child is a terrorist act , I did the search and  saw that some members of

Hamas tried to bomb a bus school and  that’s not right to kill children because they are just children  and it done by some bad members in Hamas , that did not make the whole group terrorist .

Not TRIED…. DID blow up busses full of children. And Hamas, the organization, the LEADERSHIP, claims responsibility for these and other terrorist acts. It is not just "some bad members"

Just like the actions of the IDF are not just "some bad members" The military and government of Israel are responsible for the actions of the IDF. The leadership of Hamas is responsible for the actions of it's members, ESPECIALLY when they CLAIM responsibility.

Hamas are terrorists. Period.  

Israel is killing children every day, and I did not see you or gkissberth sympathy with them

I have sympathy for children anywhere who are killed in these conflicts. There have been other threads with many pictures and words about the victims in Gaza. The point of this thread was to hilight the actions of some kind people in other countries who are trying to help some other children in danger.

Do you think Israeli children are less deserving of sympathy because you disagree with or hate the government of the country they live in or their parents? 

10:42 PM Apr 09 2008 |

DenisFoka

DenisFoka

Russian Federation

fighting .

06:01 AM Apr 10 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

so , Lost soul, I understand that you don't have any sympathy for the adults who are killed by the suicide bombers of Hamas.

Can we agree, though that Hamas is a terrorist group, since they sponsor, train and take responsibility for suicide bombers?

Or do you still think it's just a few bad members? Remember, Hamas CLAIMS responsibility for those attacks. I'm not asking if they are justified or correct, just that we can agree on a definition of the acts. Are they acts of terrorism and is Hamas a terrorist organization?

09:51 AM Apr 10 2008 |