Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

which country has strongest military in the world?

sghsgm

sghsgm

Malaysia

hi, everybody.

im very interesting about military.

well, can anybody answer my question?

02:58 AM May 06 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

raghusolanki

India

Hi!

Its United States of America as they are the only superpower left now after the disintigration of USSR. Correct me if I am wrong.

Raghusolanki

03:18 AM May 06 2008 |

hands_1411

hands_1411

Viet Nam

As for as I'm concerned, there's almost no fundamental principle to rank the military of a country. I can only give a subjectively general answer that it's USA military, but it's gonna be Chinese one.

Anyway, have a look at some list from sources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_size_of_armed_forces

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_active_troops

04:26 AM May 06 2008 |

Soni4

Soni4

Russian Federation

and what country has the greatest supply of atomic bombs?...

05:50 AM May 06 2008 |

sghsgm

sghsgm

Malaysia

ok, everybody.

but i dont think military power of country doesnt determine  weapon or atomic bombs.

what are you thinking of this? 

09:22 AM May 06 2008 |

Soni4

Soni4

Russian Federation

well, the usa have much more atomic weapon than russia nowdays.ussr used to be a leader,but this time is passed. atomic weapon certainly doesn’t play the least important role,besides there appeared quite a lot of ballistic missles,that can substitute the previous ones.:-(and that’s the worst thing-people destroy one weapon and At the same time create another.but to my mind,the power of army is determined by the soldiers’ spirit

01:07 PM May 06 2008 |

Soni4

Soni4

Russian Federation

their desire to struggle and protect the motherland. and family.let’s recollect this situation-the usa and viet nam in 60-s?americans had far more powerful weapon but still they were not able to defeat viet nam:)

01:10 PM May 06 2008 |

raghusolanki

India

Well, leave at that! I think it will lead us nowhere. No one has won a major war to prove it. If I say India liberated Bangaldesh and we did not kept any militery presence after that, we did not even dictated any terms for pull out. After the mission was sucessessful, we just pulled out and a democratic nation was born and it all started and ended in two weeks. Talk about the military might, its how you use it and not in a wrong way that matter. I am sure no one will agree as we are still a developing nation and not a Military force and hope we will never be. Let peace prevail!! Everywhere!!!

07:08 PM May 06 2008 |

SonicPenguin449

United Kingdom

in a WWIII situation the most likely to win are:

1: USA

2: Russia

3: Britain

4: Japan

5: China

Questioning Britain? look at the facts, in 361 years of military history Britain has lost one ONE war. it is america's most powerful ally. always has been, always will be. it won two world wars, defeated spain, france, russia, hong knong, japan, africa, holland, isreal, india, germany, italy. it used to control america and canada, australia and new zealand. while they may have given up their empire they have the best trained military and a nuclear arsenal, SAS, SBS, MI6, MI5. and a military buying power of 2,500,000,000,000. all this with a volunteer army.;)

02:52 PM Jul 05 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Globally: The USA, clearly. No country would go to war with the USA and hope to win.

Europe: France and the UK (you choose which one, it isn't definite)

Africa: South Africa?

South America: Colombia I think.

Asia: China (the largest army in the world)

Middle East: Israel

04:08 PM Jul 05 2009 |

scott11753

South Korea

South Korea, United States

08:09 PM Jan 05 2010 |