Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you get on well with your BROTHERS and SISTERS?

Lin etual

Lin etual

Russian Federation

Hello, everyone! I wondered whether all brothers and sisters can’t help quarrelling?
My elder brother and i are like cat and dog, and what about you??

04:14 AM May 19 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

javamanju

javamanju

India

Where is the fun with out quarrel between brother or sisters. I am my brother useed to fight daily for one issue or other.we even come to blows… :)  but that is only for some time… I remember one insident when my father had brought a strange chocolcate, we fought over it and actually brought a weighing scale from my neighboug to weigh the choclate so that both get equal amount. and only then we were satisfied.

But now I miss those days some times,

05:52 AM May 19 2008 |

wamin

wamin

China

I have two sisters. As an elder brother, I can't and never  quarrel with my little sisters. But, sometimes. Because I am older than him to much.

11:34 AM May 19 2008 |

wamin

wamin

China

I have two sisters. As an elder brother, I can't and never  quarrel with my little sisters. But, sometimes. Because I am older than him to much.

11:35 AM May 19 2008 |

wamin

wamin

China

11:35 AM May 19 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

I only have a sister. I´m older than her for 4 years

I remember that when we are kids we used to fight (only words) everyday. I can´t stand her more than 15 minutes, hahahaha!

But we started a good relation when she began to study a career. Now she is married and she has 2 kids.

I believe that everybody must have a good relationship with his or her family, because family is all. In the future, when our parents pass away, we only will have the support of our brothers and/or sisters.

04:42 PM May 19 2008 |

trustfundbaby

Ukraine

In the childhood all the time…We definitely were like cat and dog with my older bro :) But with time you grow up and realise that you have nobody more important and dear in your life , than your     parents ,siblings and friends 

05:52 PM May 19 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

ONE OF MY BROTHERS CALLED HUSSIEN,

NEVER FIGHT WITH US ... 

HE WAS THE LIGHT OF OUR HOUSE … 

HE WAS GONE

I WISH IF WOULD BE I SEE HIM AGAIN

I PRAY THAT ALLAH MAKE US TO MEET HIM IN HIS PARADIESAMEEN YARUB

06:08 PM May 19 2008 |

fanni szabo

Hungary

I agree with Sawdestination. But it isn't always easy to have a normal relationship with our siblings. I have a sister and a brother (both younger than me). I can rarely deal with my sister but I usually get on well with my brother.  I hope the situation will get better with my sister

07:31 PM May 19 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Fanni, your brother and sister are still too young.

In the future you and they will laugh of all your fights, believe me!! You don´t need to be worried about it. Meanwhile only be patient.

09:12 PM May 19 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Back then I had many quarrels and even develoved into small “jab,hook,uppercut” with my brother.we used to get into conflicts almost every day.and I must say that it’s called brotherhood.=)

11:22 PM May 19 2008 |