Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

in your culture , in your religion ... is it ok to marry your cousin

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

is it ok or something unacceptable .

07:27 PM May 23 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

~SWEET~

~SWEET~

Bahrain

it is acceptable but its sumthing i'd never do :P

07:41 PM May 23 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Hi my dear monatta,
there’re lots of ethnic groups in indonesia,one of them is mine,called bataknese.there’s a tradition in my place that male in batak is encourage to married his cousin,his uncle’s daugther.so he has the prior chance to become her husband compared with other.but it’s not become an obligation for all family.yeah maybe it’s just a way to keep the family linkage.and if we view it from christianity,I think we have no problem with that..

08:05 PM May 23 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Hi my dear monatta,
there’re lots of ethnic groups in indonesia,one of them is mine,called bataknese.there’s a tradition in my place that male in batak is encourage to married his cousin,his uncle’s daugther.so he has the prior chance to become her husband compared with other.but it’s not become an obligation for all family.yeah maybe it’s just a way to keep the family linkage.and if we view it from christianity,I think we have no problem with that..

08:05 PM May 23 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Not in Mexico. It´s not well seen marriage between members of the same family. And I don´t think it could be a good idea, because the future daughters or sons of the couple could carry on some genetic diseases.

But I have seen in the news at least 2 cases about cousins that get married.

09:42 PM May 23 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Ah! I forgot to tell you, in my religion (catholic) is prohibited the marriage between cousins.

09:43 PM May 23 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

it depends on families,I think Monatta.

some families dont want it but it is not forbidden.

12:17 AM May 24 2008 |

steppe

steppe

Viet Nam

No! Vietnamese legal doesn't allowed it because of two reasons. First is the moral reason. But the second one is more important. When someone get married with his cousin, their children may have a lot of serious mistakes. This result is based on a scientific theory made by Mendel. But he can if his cousin is of the 4th generation from him.

03:55 AM May 24 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

good informations  .

thank you all and especial thanks for you , nu pogodi  .

04:12 AM May 24 2008 |

epicatin

epicatin

Nicaragua

I disagree with this kind of relationship because there are millions of people in this world and a person can look for somebody  who is not a member of this person's family, but I know a case of a reletive of mine and nowadays they live together and have children.

04:20 AM May 24 2008 |

latin-lover

Italy

in my religion NO WAY,

in my culture NO,

in my thought :- do just what you feel is right!

05:33 PM May 24 2008 |