Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Did You follow Your Dreams?

javamanju

javamanju

India

Hi guys,

My question WOuld be Did You follow Your dream? Or did You do what your parents told You or Went after job security and Money.

I always wanted to be a antrapologist/archiologist/historian/doctor, But i went for Job security and went for Engineering, I do not regret taking engineering though. I did Mechanical Engineering. Once again, I chose to work for a Software Industry for  money . This career is higly fullfilling but some times I feel i could have become another godall or  Zahi Hawas .

Even though i was a good ranking in Pre-medical exams, I could not become a doctor beacuse of lack of funds. But i completed Engineering in just 450$(scholarship)

What did You do? Folowed your intrest

04:05 AM Jun 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

I followed my life likes the river flows. That means This time is not like what I dream. Actualy my dream is so simple, and maybe someday I will be, except God call me faster than i think!

11:04 AM Jun 05 2008 |

latin-lover

Italy

I follow every day my dreams and they are so many….

perhaps because I like dream…

11:07 AM Jun 05 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

And perhaps U wrote your post while U’re sleeping Nuel! Lol..

11:15 AM Jun 05 2008 |

TELL me WHY

Hungary

People likes living in three different times,always.  including the past,the moment and the future.  we are dreaming to do what we love.but the real against it sometimes,thus we should choose one of them.I know it's hard.

As for me,I'd love to follow my feeling.I hate anything limit myself,choose what i love…...yeah,my music,,my sports,my law schooling…

12:24 PM Jun 05 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

I choose the career that I want, but not the school where I wanted to study (because of $$$), but I really enjoy studying where I finished my studies.

But my failed dream was to teach in this university, something about my career (Computer Sciences) or maybe Math (I was good at!!). 

11:06 PM Jun 05 2008 |

Lover for Ever

Saudi Arabia

well

I always follow my dreams..

they are so many … wish to make them true one day …. :)

12:11 AM Jun 06 2008 |