Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you like traveling? Where have you travled?

liang present

China

I love traveling around to enjoy my journey,to meet some new friends,to attach different cultures…

And travel aroud the world on the shoestring is one of my big dreamLaughingLaughing

Is there anyone else having the similar idea? 

03:28 PM Jun 07 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Amr Diab

Amr Diab

Egypt

I like traveling by the way, I travel twice a month "around my country", I traveled abroad for just two countries "Turkey and USA", but I prefer to travel by plane :-))

04:13 PM Jun 07 2008 |

lovely_ruby56

Viet Nam

oh, me 2, i love travelling as well, Studying more languages, more cultures, more customs is always attracting me. And i'd like to contemplate a lot of beautiful sceneries on the world. face to face, enjoy and live in it  with a virtual sense.

06:32 AM Jun 08 2008 |

Randyinseattle

United States

I love to travel. I am very fortunate that my work takes me to many destinations. In fact, I'm writing this from the airport in Amsterdam as i fly back from Prague to the US.

Sometimes I don't get to see any of the country, but I still get to meet people and try different foods.

If oyu make it to Moscow be sure to try to see the Russian rock opera "Juno & Avos". I oculdn't understand what they were saying, but the music and acting were very moving. It's been playing in Moscow since the early 1980's. 

I believe that everyone should travel. When enough people have friends in "foreign" countries then maybe the politicians will not be able to send people to war since the soldiers won't want to kill their friends. 

11:07 AM Jun 08 2008 |

kathi

Austria

Traveling can change your live! You get a better view to other cultures, religions and so on. One reason I'm learning English is to have the change to get in contact with people all over the world. I made a lot of journeys: I have  been in Mexico twice, in Cuba, in Turkey, in Egypd, in Greek, in Croatia, in Italy, in England, in France and in the Netherlands. The memories to this journeys are so great. I have pictures in my head and no one can take them away. And i have never had bad experiences on may journeys. Smile

11:12 AM Jun 08 2008 |

Noraivy

Noraivy

Egypt

I love traveling.I'd been only to the USA :) was great

12:33 PM Jun 08 2008 |

liang present

China

SmileI am so glad you guys shared your journeys ,and envious as well!! I never been abroad, and only have traveled some places around my country, it's still wonderful and memorable though.I agree with you all guys,I mean traveling ,to some extent, does change our life, the view of the world…in one way or the other.

Randy, you just read my mind! Traveling does help people coming from different areas know each other more and better! Then all of us probably realize that no matter where there is something great worth cherishing whether of the nature or of the people.And ultimately, the mankind find eternal peace!!Laughing

Anyway…  

03:16 AM Jun 09 2008 |

liang present

China

Is there anybody else would like to share his/her traveling story??

Or is there any place around the world you especially desire to go? My own country,South Africa, Egypt, Switzerland, Japan and Australia would be the top 6 on my traveling listLaughingLaughing

02:18 PM Jun 09 2008 |

Randyinseattle

United States

I didn't answer the "where have you traveled" part.

I've been to Canada and Mexico. England, Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Holland, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Boznia And Herzegovina, Croatia, Austria, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Venezuela, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Korea, Japan, China, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines,  Hong Kong, and Macao.

I think I may be missing one or two countries. Later this year I will get to visit Estonia and Lithuania and maybe even Brazil.

I don't have a favorite country. There isn't one that I wouldn't go back to. 

I love meeting the people, trying the foods, and learning of the history of each place. When a person tells me of something they are really proud of in their country I feel honored that they shared this with me.

Most of the countries I have visited have been for work and I didn't get to see much, but it is better than not going at all, and costs a lot less than paying for it myself :) Some of the countries I have visited many times. Canada, Ireland, Germany, and South Korea are the ones I have visited the most. 

09:19 PM Jun 09 2008 |

coolgirlis me

Viet Nam

why don’t you travel to vietnam?

03:07 PM Oct 20 2011 |