Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

toooo looooong!!!!!!!!!!!

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

why are our postings too long? can we convince each other with a flow of words? i need your answers….....

06:42 PM Jun 09 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

well sometimes people dont bother to type whatever they got in mind and choose to copy paste things they found in the internet without even edit it or even understand it (it happened sometimes in the past lol)

I dont mind with reading posts that quite long as long as these posts are words from themselves and not just some copy paste thingy. I never read any copy paste kind of posts except it's news or articles (ex: global warming, china's earthquake, things like that)

06:47 PM Jun 09 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

yes, i don't like read long posting cuz i don't like read.but i should learn English ,and like to discuss some subjects that i care..

08:29 PM Jun 09 2008 |

Ŧңέ Ģâறє

Ŧңέ Ģâறє

United Arab Emirates

it is so easy because you said of convince…

convincing needs this type of posting because if you want to convince someone about your points you must convince him by proofs and words… you will not convince anyone if you write a short paragraph…

by the way, if you don’t like reading (like me Cool), you can read the first and the last sentence of the paragraph, and you will understand the whole paragraph…

02:06 AM Jun 10 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

there are some long posting which are really good but others gives too much information . it's boring and it doesn't do anything. we are used to worship our beliefs and we put in all what's in our heads not caring about who will read them. we don't need words to covince anyone we need only some enlightened ideas and true feelings. but it's hard. i'm trying but i sometimes feel that i was so stupid.

07:32 PM Jun 10 2008 |

Ŧңέ Ģâறє

Ŧңέ Ģâறє

United Arab Emirates

LOL

that's right, and I agree with you,

but, it depend in the author kowladge, reader's knowladge and topic itself. may be the author want to clearify his topic so that he would not miss any thing, and you know that the people have different knowladge so he have to write this kind of posting or sometimes, he must low down his level to meet the stupids level so he make sure that the reader will undestand him. 

11:01 PM Jun 10 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Usually the long posting are in the polemic topics as religion or sex or politics, have you noted ???

I´m agree with most of you, I always try to read, but if the post it´s tooooo loooong I prefer to read the next one, hahaha! (But I try to read all!! Seriously!!)

10:03 PM Jun 11 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

goawayi agree ,the book is the best source of information. have you been in algeria before?i think everything is the sameLaughing.

saw, i have noted. that's why i'm asking the question. some of us have strong religious beliefs and do what we can to convince others.i agree with jane .it's better to use our own words. i don't like internet copies but i try to read,toooooooo.

07:47 PM Jun 12 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Thanks God that I’m not the only one who dislike long posting and copy paste thingy..=)
yeah smtimes it’s better if they go straight into the point..

08:45 PM Jun 12 2008 |

oonah

oonah

Germany

I would think that on a website to improve your English, you'd like to learn as mutch as possible.

Reading as many text as possible to than, no?

I love a long post, when it's good.

08:12 PM Jun 13 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

happy for you.i wish you'll enjoy your stay here.

08:36 PM Jun 13 2008 |