Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

will you be watching the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics this Friday?

Lynda

Lynda

Taiwan

I can't wait as it's my favorite as well as gymnastic. It's fantastic to see every country taking a different flag, wearing different costumes. It’s going to be wild this year. How about you?

05:22 AM Aug 06 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

Thanks for the reminder, Lynda. Unfortunately, Friday is a working day and so I might miss quite a bit of it on TV. Those who are able to see it in person are certainly lucky. While everyone is focused on the athletes from the United States, China, Russia, and so on, I wonder how our athletes from Sri Lanka will do!

07:00 AM Aug 06 2008 |

alican1640

alican1640

Turkey

Yes It will be  a wonderful day. I'm very excited and very hopeful to turkish atheles…

07:39 AM Aug 06 2008 |

bitacora

bitacora

Spain

yes of course, we will be here in front of tv watching the Ceremony of the Olimpic Games, in Beijing will be a lot of people indeed, it's going to be a wonderful moment in ours lives.

09:27 AM Aug 06 2008 |

cindyxiaoyuer

China

yes ,haha beijing olypic games is coming ,we are ready to people all over the world .i believe it's wonderful time .although i'm in china i have no chance to beijing .i 'll be watching the opening ceremony of olympics this friday .

02:36 PM Aug 06 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Nop, I´m going to the gym in the morning, so I won´t have the chance to see it, but I hope to see a repetition at night in the news, or maybe in my free time in my job.

10:45 PM Aug 06 2008 |

Prelude94

China

It's great day for opening ceremony and would be awesome if you're in stadium. What's a pity that cannot get the tickets to join this festive atmosphere. Anyhow,  get a TV on time and sit to watch the programmes.

Cheers and Enjoy Yourselves for this quadrennial sports event Wink 

02:23 PM Aug 07 2008 |

elva20082008

China

I will watch this grand opening Ceremony of the Olympics

08:09 PM Aug 07 2008 |

just---girl

Saudi Arabia

heh

yah

i will sleep early to wake up and watch it

it is very interested

03:08 AM Aug 08 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

The reviews so far have been excellent. Here's to quote one:

“Everything is as good as you will ever see,’’ said Peter Ueberroth, chairman of the U.S. Olympic Committee. “If I was to issue a gold medal, I’d issue the first one to the people of Beijing.

“The people you meet in the streets are kind and friendly,” Ueberroth added. “They have planted enough flowers to cover six cities."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/olympics/26379554.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU7EaDiaMDCiUT

05:58 AM Aug 08 2008 |

Tina Yi

China

Make sure to watch Olympic opening ceremonies tonight. Don't miss the wonderful time and performation. .. I am expecting …...

06:26 AM Aug 08 2008 |