Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

English skills

mubrik

Oman

Hi guys

What do think  the most important skill in English?
I think it's listening, do you agree with me?

Let us share your thoughtsSmile

04:53 AM Aug 21 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pigfate

pigfate

China

oral English skill is also very important. u can hear what others say,but they cannot understand what u say, it is uesless,right?

05:06 AM Aug 21 2008 |

mubrik

Oman

You're right,  may be the English language contains letters that don't exist in your language.
Am I right?

06:58 AM Aug 21 2008 |

pigfate

pigfate

China

yeah,so both the speaking and listening skill are important for a English learner.

09:32 AM Aug 21 2008 |

mouna

mouna

Tunisia

We can never separate between the four skills of English , there should be an integrity of skills so we assure a better learning of any language , not only English ..

The reason is that every language is a means of communication, a system in itself so the skills and strategies should interrelate ..

Reading and listening are the receptive skills, while speaking and writing are the productive ones .. so , the purpose is to assess and evaluate outcomes and productions resulting from both types of skills ..

For example, if you listen or read a text, you can't stop there .. you will speak or write about what you've listened to or read , try to express and communicate to others your ideas, your thoughts, your feelings !

Maybe, you like a skill because you're good at or find easier to deal with, but you can and should never ignore other skills ..

10:41 AM Aug 21 2008 |