Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What is your opinion about lie?

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Would you please tell me what your opinion is about lie?Is there any big lie or pink lie?Or lie is lie?And what do you do, one says lie to you,what if he-she is your partner,your close friend,your relative or parent?

I wait for your comments about this subject.Be happy and healthy. Zeus:)

07:01 PM Feb 09 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

jasmin1976

jasmin1976

Tunisia

hi zeus!

i think a lie is a lie, (no coloured lies). lying is a sign of a weak personality. 

09:41 AM Mar 19 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

a white lie means a small untruthful statement that is not meant to deceive necessarily but rather to keep from hurting someone's feelings. For example if u are invited to a dinner but u hate doing it u can say:"it is very kind of u to invite me, but tomorrow morning i have an exam i have to prepare it"  i think it is a white lie…...

11:59 AM Mar 19 2007 |

rayedalomri

Oman

Hi.

I think it's very bad and the lier is not stronger person he's weak

01:24 AM Mar 21 2007 |

cancerh236

cancerh236

Viet Nam

dgjdfyjd

10:05 AM Mar 21 2007 |

black"n"blue

Saudi Arabia

well i hate lie's to be honest im actually not a big fan of it…

but some times there has to be one lie to make someone maybe feel better or make some one happyer … some times you even have to lie to your friends to not make them feel bad … do you know what i mean ?!! but there is other bad lies that you cant tell unless you are a lier like if your friend asks you to go out with (him/her) and you dont feel like it tell (him/her) you dont want to dont tell them that you have to go somewhere else … you know what i mean cause that makes some one feel bad or unwanted …...but you can allways tell lies that are funny or in a case of a joke … i guese thats it ..yeah ..i hope you underestand ….

Smilepease braker <.... hey i think im gonna change my name to that…

11:40 AM Mar 21 2007 |

Jason fu

Jason fu

China

if the lie is not serious, or the lie does not hurt others very even be good to others, why we not do that?

01:23 PM Mar 21 2007 |

cancerh236

cancerh236

Viet Nam

jhkf

03:15 PM Mar 21 2007 |

Catrachita

Catrachita

Honduras

I think lying is wrong and that’s it.

06:05 PM Mar 21 2007 |

Catrachita