Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What is your opinion about lie?

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Would you please tell me what your opinion is about lie?Is there any big lie or pink lie?Or lie is lie?And what do you do, one says lie to you,what if he-she is your partner,your close friend,your relative or parent?

I wait for your comments about this subject.Be happy and healthy. Zeus:)

07:01 PM Feb 09 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Newcastle

Newcastle

Spain

A lie can be the result from the lack of a smart idea to face a situation. Although I have to recognize that some people can make from lie a real art!!

Great creative stuff around us!Wink

03:49 PM Mar 23 2007 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Thanks friends for your answersssssss

Let's talk about our experience when we lied last time???? or when someone lied us last time and how we felt ourself after that??

05:52 PM Jul 30 2007 |

dida-echo

China

i  don't want to  tell  lie,but sometimes  i  need  to  tell  lies to  my  friends ,i don't  want to hurt  my friends.

i  tell  lies to  make  life much  happier.my  friends  can  understand  me .

when i meet  some  trouble.i  need  sometime  to  deal with it,and  i can do  it  by myself.so  when  my friends askes  what's  wrong  with me.i  told  them  nothing.i  won't make  them  worried  about  me. 

06:21 AM Jul 31 2007 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi dida-echo and Nu Pogodi,

You mean there is pink lie :)

02:44 PM Aug 10 2007 |

wamin

wamin

China

I think sometimes it is necessary to tell lies,especially social lies.

10:24 AM Nov 19 2007 |

bqh

bqh

China

everything have two aspects.for my opinion ,i think lies can be accepted sometimes though i hate it .sometimes lies can give us a harmony environment  and avoid hurt someone.

04:56 PM Nov 19 2007 |

devindernagpal

India

All of us are liars…we just deceive ourself…

01:54 AM Feb 19 2008 |

Zach

Zach

Indonesia

sometimes “white lies” necessary to do, especially to survival, avoid fight with friends each other, avoid make hurt anyone and for kids education. but exactly, the lies only the last step when all alternative go to the end. but in my reflection, it’s hard to get the fact that I am as a victim of a liar, though just a white lies. may be I can’t trust them anymore. so, better to avoid the lies, at now by me.

06:42 AM Feb 19 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

You are definitely right, Devindernaqpal. Your comment is short but pith. I agree with you.

10:05 AM Feb 19 2008 |

a7beekmoot

a7beekmoot

Saudi Arabia

Let us take the interesting part of lies concentrating in the funJ.The lairs classify into tow type the first one is done by smart lairs and the other one is done by damper one.I feel fun (laughing) when I hear the dumber one lie. Especially when any one asking difficult questions to the dumber, he will be in terrible situation  

11:44 AM Feb 19 2008 |